Nuclear Races mud run

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks folks, all taken with a 70-200 2.8 not sure why no exif ive not stopped it showing on flickr

edit can you see the exif data now ?

Last edited:
Brilliant set,great colours and cracking expressions from some of the competitors.

Hi Harry. These are sooooo cool. Great emotions captured and as said above they are so crisp and vibrant not got a clue how you captured such clarity :)
Did you use a flash ? Can't see any tell tale signs of flash myself but the crispness youve got looks like flash images I have taken before.

Fab !
Gaz

When we asked you to post some dirty pictures.......

Some cracking shots. Sums up the butters that do this sort of thing.

I did the Tough Guy thing in Wolverhampton once, in Feb with ice on the water obstacles......ONCE!!!

heheh thanks your right they are all nutters although i ended up just as muddy as them. Its a great thing to shoot if you get the chance. I do all this companys photographic work and head up a team of togs for there events. This event was on Sunday but i went back on Monday for a promo shoot with a small group of the top runners and the 007 style shot on the zip line was from then, light was even worse for the promo shoot and poored with rain most of the morning but was epic to see the top boys and girls in action they are seriously good..

No flash on these at all although they also run night events so have to use flash then, the weather was pretty bad most of the day with the ISO getting higher than i like with my D300 but got lucky with some shots as the light changed a few times and i manged to maximize it..

heres a few more

VE0_0298 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

VE0_0306 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

VE0_9447 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

Superb. Some really great pictures there. Would love to have a go at an event like this one day.

Looks good.

I've been official photographer on Dirty Dozen, Tough Mudder and Spartan UK races, all very similar to this. You can get some great shots of people going through their own personal torments, and the joy someone shows when they complete an obstacle is infectious.

thanks folks, it is great fun doing these events although can be a long day and very very muddy. this was a very big event so there was 11 other togs i brought in to work with me. i had the luxury of a 4x4 buggy to roam around in which was handy. We produced 20,000 odd images for them...

20,000 images between 12 of you, what did you all do sit around the burger van chatting half the day :)

Haha I wish, no they just wanted 11 specific obstacles covered and me floating around getting candid shots. Then they simply give the photos away on mass via social networks..

Back