Numerous images from my week away in the East Neuks of Scotland.

Name
Steve Green
Edit My Images
Yes
Just today arrived back from a week in Scotland with my wonderful wife to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

We spent the week in a small area of the East Neuk close to the town of Anstruther. We actually stopped in a small place called Cellardyke. Anstruther has a 'famous' fish and chip shop, a few pubs, a few small shops, a nice harbour and some wonderful views.

We spent most of the time sleeping, eating and drinking but also managed to get out for a few walks and a small amount of time in the wonderful town of St. Andrews.

Photography wise I spent the majority of the time with my 24-105 f/4 attached to my camera with full manual control. I have to say that this is really my first serious foray into this amount of control and despite a few initial hiccups I will be staying on 'M' from now on. It's so much more fun!

Anyway, a selection of images for you to have a look at and critique would be most appreciated, especially on composition as this is an area I want to improve in.

All images are hosted on my Flickr and link back to the photo page where both other sizes and .exif information is available. All images on this thread are the medium size and look much better as the bigger 1024x683 images ;)

The harbour in Cellardyke

Crail

The beach at Anstruther

The harbour at Pittenweem

Anstruther Harbour at night

Gravestone in St. Andrews Cathederal

St. Andrews Town and Golf Course from the tower.

If you look at the images taken in the Castle and Cathederal in the flickr set, they all look a bit flat to me. I wasn't particularly happy with any of them. Constructive comments appreciated.

Moody Skies over Cellardyke

In the pub!

There are a total of 52 images in my Flickr set from the holiday.

Thanks for looking.

Love that last one

Nice mate. Have camera will travel. Loving your wide stuff :)

Good work on the manual use too, sooo much more control over your exposure and teaches you all about light.

Some good shots, like the outdoor ones - especially the first (y)

Like a few of those. Moody skies catches my eye.

Where you been hiding for the last 6 months?

;)

Most Scottish calenders have a Neuk photo - lovely place!

And you have some rather lovely shots there too! (y)

Is your new wife a camera widow already? :nono:

:D

Thanks for all the comments. I have to admit I was quite chuffed with some of the images that I posted here and lots more that I uploaded to Flickr. Minimal post processing on all of them.

Where you been hiding for the last 6 months?

;)

I found I was just too busy looking after the other forum and the competition, but now I have relieved myself of that duty and things have settled down in other parts of my life, I have a bit more time and scope (y)

Is your new wife a camera widow already? :nono:

It would seem so, she did seem quite keen to walk around the harbour at night with me though, despite the temperature and winds. Mad as me..........probably!

Back