Nuthatch - hopefully improved!

Name
Nicki.
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out this morning this morning for my Nutties, shot in RAW this time :bang:

Hopefully this is a bit better:shrug:

IMG_9519-1-1.jpg

Tips etc on how to improve greatfully recieved.

Thank you (y)

Would like to be able to see all of the bird to be honest and i would definately lose the nuts hanging around (no not the one in its beak:D). Wouldnt know how to improve this one, i reckon though that had the shot you posted the other day, think it was no 3 had been shot in RAW, it could have been a cracker.

Here a whole bird for you, you can clone the nuts out yourself :LOL: by the way John merrick said hello :D

IMG_9632-1.jpg

I did ask it to "strike a pose" but it was not in the mood :LOL:

Here a whole bird for you, you can clone the nuts out yourself :LOL: by the way John merrick said hello :D

IMG_9632-1.jpg

I did ask it to "strike a pose" but it was not in the mood :LOL:

But where is its flamin feet:D. Got to say though it does look in both of them that the light was particularly difficult. Did you see JM then:D

Just noticed shutter speed pretty slow for fast movers like these, but again the lack of light is the problem

Last edited:
What do you want "blood":LOL: you now how quick the little bleeders are:shrug:

Here, this one has feet but you can't see the tail :razz: no nuts either :LOL:

IMG_9647-1.jpg

Now that one i do like, nice natural setting and focus seems to be in the right place. I would sharpen the bird a tad and tweak contrast having said that:)

Oh dear had another look and its spoiled by twig/branch OOF crossing the chest of the bird.

Last edited:
The first one looked O.K. to me as far as the pose/content of bird was concerned....seen too many standard (snore) full view Nutties.

But you said we could remove the nuts so I did and a little mess in levels/contrast etc with a slight sharpen.
Also had a fiddle in the b/g but ran out of steam by then.
Keith (y)
Hope you didn't mind ...here he is...
nuts.jpg

The first one looked O.K. to me as far as the pose/content of bird was concerned....seen too many standard (snore) full view Nutties.

But you said we could remove the nuts so I did and a little mess in levels/contrast etc with a slight sharpen.
Also had a fiddle in the b/g but ran out of steam by then.
Keith (y)
Hope you didn't mind ...here he is...
nuts.jpg

(y) I must be more brave with the p&p always frightened to oversharpen.

How do you know it is a "he" ?

Oh well out again tomorrow morning to try and nail this.:bang:

Back