NYC v MCR

S

Sean_Mcr

One city that has been the backdrop for most of the great street photographers at one time or another has been New york city. Obviously as somebody that has a love of street photography, i'm envious of any street shooter that has that city as their home.

But i love my city, and actually there's many a place in manchester that has similar architecture to the buildings of New York. Not skyscrapers obviously

I know that the remake of the film Alfie was pants, but they did use parts of town to recreate NYC in the film.

Anyway took this shot today

Trash talk
66759281.rfqAPeEf.S2.jpg

I keep telling you to come down for a beer Jay

You know Manchester has a great music scene
66766288.6n9Jp8gf.s7.jpg

I love the pic.....has a nice feel to it. Most of our "older" cities have some great places like these and you only have to move off the main street just a little to find them. Mind you, only in daylight and with an accomplice, these days!
:)

I get what you're saying but for me its missing that magical New York magic. Maybe its the BT van, or the British feel to it, but it doesn't quite feel like NY to me.

I don't know what a british feel is Pete to be honest, yeah there's a BT Van there, but that street is not unlike some of the streets of NY. The history the two cities are linked, , Many of the buildings in NYc at the turn of the century took their designs from manchester BUIDLINGS, which at that time was at the forefront of the industrial revolution, there is a town names Manchester in NY, though not in the city.

The building & streets below is where much New York scenes in the Alfie remake were shot, most of the NYC retakes were made around that area, they put up false cross signal ect and yellow cabs, but it was around these streets they chose because of the architecture

56876743.20D149.jpg
[/IMG]

66817464.iQb8vM94.20D274S.jpg

66817209.pwYmEnHD.20D250.jpg

60251530.20D644.jpg

66818706.Q2HNhLsY.20D271s.jpg

Best shot i could find bar watching the video, but this is the location in the film, high street manchester
66818899.2KOqIwfE.Untitled1S.jpg

I quite like it, I think it does have a NY feel, although from what I recall NY had more litter and rubbish in the alleys than there is in Manchester, but the architecture fits well (y)

(BTW can you stop mentioning Alfie please, original = classic, remake = pile of **** ;))

:D

I quite like it, I think it does have a NY feel, although from what I recall NY had more litter and rubbish in the alleys than there is in Manchester, but the architecture fits well (y)

(BTW can you stop mentioning Alfie please, original = classic, remake = pile of **** ;))

:D

Christ i could not stand the film, just like that it shown my town:wave:

I don't know what a british feel is Pete to be honest, yeah there's a BT Van there, but that street is not unlike some of the streets of NY.

BT Van, bins, yellow lines.... I dunno. Maybe its because you told me its not New York and that its Manchester.

Back