Beginner Oare marshes

No 3 is a nice shot of a lapwing in flight. Pretty close to perfection!

no2 ......I personally like pictures of birds in their landscapes. But this doesn't quite work because the reed stems are out of focus and a bit scrappy. Was the coot swimming towards you? If so you could have waited a few seconds until it was at the same distance as the stems? There are also a few bits and bobs which could easily be cloned out.

no 1 ....... doesn't work for me at all.

Last edited:
Pretty much agree with Jeremy. In terms of why 1 doesn't work, I like the relationship between the two birds and don't mind that the nearest one doesn't have eye contact with the camera- but that middle fence post just dominates the shot.
3 is cracking- particularly given that you used the Tamron. I've got the same lens and BIF are not it's strong point.

Yes, absolutely, but we still need to photograph it well!

So the reeds really disturb your pleasure in this? I prefer to have them since,
among other things, they offer a scale reference!

thanks for all the replys guys, every one has different opinions so every one will like or not like something, now ive looked at the pic i can see the bits that need to be cloned out so may try that later. i may also try an clone the reeds an see what that looks like but im a beginner on ps an lr so will see how it goes.

Back