Ocelot

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
My favourite little-big cat :)

Taken at Banham with my D7000 and AF-S 70-300 lens. Was lucky to see him at all - he got up, stretched and went back to bed again!

C&C always welcome:

Ocelot by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

I've come back to this a few times and have to ask if you darkened the background in PP? From what I remember, there's a fair bit of light gets into their enclosures, but maybe not on that day. This looks a bit too contrasty to me, but as usual, could be my uncalibrated monitor (which I have been tinkering with recently :D )

Lovely capture - really striking.

Thank you :)

That's an absolute belter Fi. (y)

...and thank you too!

I've come back to this a few times and have to ask if you darkened the background in PP? From what I remember, there's a fair bit of light gets into their enclosures, but maybe not on that day. This looks a bit too contrasty to me, but as usual, could be my uncalibrated monitor (which I have been tinkering with recently :D )

Well I did do a bit of PP on this and I believe I did up the contrast a touch - but no more than I normally would and the BG was very dark to start with. I did clone out a bit of wood from the enclosure at the top though. This was taken first thing in the morning and the Ocelot was sort of just stretching out of his bed so there wasn't a lot of light where he was positioned.

Actually I quite low key aspect of this.
Nice and sharp too :)

Back