October Sunrise

Edit My Images
Yes
First use of me new 'P' nd grads on the 17 - 85 IS USM lens.

iso 100, 1/50 sec, f11. On tripod with remote release.

October_Sunrise.jpg

C&C welcome.

I love the colours and the light but if I had to be nitpicky for nitpicky's sake - the horizon's a touch off the horizontal. But a lovely shot nonetheless in my eyes.

Great shot. The horizon is a fraction out, but I am having to be really critical to put that up. Very well composed especially the way the sun in placed in between the two piers. Are you using the Cokin filters of something else - I assume they're Cokin 'cos of the 'P' reference.

Another great shot. Might see you down there one morning!

very nice, what about a lower angle next time?

Thanks for the comments, you know the one thing I forgot to do in PPing was check the level of the horizon :bonk:

Yes it is a Cokin P holder, but the filters are Kood. They seem just as good, but a bit less expensive.

I was dead lucky with the position of the sun. I had it in mind to shoot with the sun rising between the piers but couldn't figure out exactly where it was going to rise until it did. One luck morning :)

I too would have liked a lower angle shot, only problem is that 10 yards forward and ........................................60' later your all wet, it was high tide so no soft sand and rocks to land on :nuts:

Thanks for the comments, you know the one thing I forgot to do in PPing was check the level of the horizon :bonk:

Yes it is a Cokin P holder, but the filters are Kood. They seem just as good, but a bit less expensive.

I was dead lucky with the position of the sun. I had it in mind to shoot with the sun rising between the piers but couldn't figure out exactly where it was going to rise until it did. One luck morning :)

I too would have liked a lower angle shot, only problem is that 10 yards forward and ........................................60' later your all wet, it was high tide so no soft sand and rocks to land on :nuts:

I was just about to say if that was Tynemouth you would be calling the RNLI for a lower shot - but it would look good taken from the rocks. I hadn't considered Kood but I am impressed with your results so I might well have a try.

I was just about to say if that was Tynemouth you would be calling the RNLI for a lower shot - but it would look good taken from the rocks. I hadn't considered Kood but I am impressed with your results so I might well have a try.

It might look good taken from the rocks below, providing the lens isn't too blood splattered :puke:

Cant off the top of my head remember their name, but the photo shop down the Big Market has a stock of some Kood P size filters :)

Well-timed that and if as you say you 'lucked-out' with the sun's position between the piers than bravo. It looks like a well-planned and executed shot.
All it needs really is a flotilla of German E-Boats torpedoing the sh*te out of some American troop transports to make it a truly memorable image...

ah, the old stood on the edge of a cliff problem!

I don't know if you did it dileberatly but the symetry you have got going there seems to have worked nicly, IMO things normaly look better when they are a bit off-centre (I know the sun isn't presicly in the centre of the two peirs, but it's pretty close).

I reckon that a quick crop into a panoramic would look great. You have the edit ticked so I went a head and cropped away, (I am at work at the moment and only have access to paint so the quality may have dropped)

Davy

277197117_f7878e1226_o.jpg

hummm, looking at it again I think that I may have cropped too much off the sky??

Davy

PS: I'm guessing that you were wanting comments onthe use of your new ND filters as apposed to general stuff, I don't have a great deal of experience with them but from what I can see it looks good.

An interesting approach there. I have several shots taken that morning and I might try playing along those lines. As for the edit I have no problem at all with it. The great thing about this forum is the diversity of views that are available, one great learning college :D

sorry! Its was mentioned so i had too see.

excellent piccy BTW (y)

October_Sunrise.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: You know I spent ages looking at that thinking, somethings different. Took about 5 Min's for the penny to drop. Nice one :clap:

Think I'll go and have a tablet and a lay down :bonk:

Very nice indeed. I think I prefer the original shot, but cropped in panoramic format, similar to davy's edit, but not as extreme. Maybe keep that foreground clump of rocks?

The ND Grad has served you well with the exposure. Where did you get them from ? (The Koods)...lol that sounds like a family :D

Sounds like you and Arkady should get together :LOL:

Hey, my wifes a counsellor, maybe we can put together a TP deal (y)

Back