Off camera flash cord

Name
Lawrence CLIFT
Edit My Images
Yes
As per the title, I'm thinking about purchasing the above, but which type? The Canon one just uses one flash but there's another manufacturer that allows the use of 2 flashes (camera hotshoe and off camera) what would the advantage be (if any) to use both flashes? The reason that I'm thinking of purchasing the dual one is that I should be able to achieve results such as the photo I took below or should I just set up a slave? It's coming towards my year end so I was thinking of purchasing some small goodies :)

1553_1605714.jpg

I have cable but would reccomend going wireless. The STE-2 works well but is IR and needs to be lined up well if outside. Better is Pocketwizard or Skyport; cheap and cheerful "Ebay Slaves" work well but treat as disposable.

I have the Nissin SC-01 cable and it is a superb piece of kit. It's really quick and easy to use and because it supports full TTL you don't have to mess around with exposure settings. It's fairly pricey but definitely worth it.

I have the Nissin SC-01 cable and it is a superb piece of kit. It's really quick and easy to use and because it supports full TTL you don't have to mess around with exposure settings. It's fairly pricey but definitely worth it.

That's the one that I've seen, £59.95 whereas the Canon is £59.00, no brainer really.

Are there different types of Nissin SC-01 cable ?
Amazon UK have them at £11-89 from Avides-Media !!! +£4-39 post.
Don't know if they are any good though.
C

Are there different types of Nissin SC-01 cable ?
Amazon UK have them at £11-89 from Avides-Media !!! +£4-39 post.
Don't know if they are any good though.
C

I don't think so. £11 sounds a bit wrong though. The Nissin SC-01 allows you to have a flashgun on your hotshoe at the same time as the one on the end of the cable. I paid 60 sheets for mine but it really is an excellent bit of kit and is very well made.

Just read a review:-

"Bought this as opposed to the Canon product as it has a switch on the hot shoe part so you can have the extention flash or the on-camera flash working, but not both together! Must say I am immpressed with the quality.
I use this with a slave flash on remote and the set up is very versatile."

So it won't fire both guns together, but if I used one as a slave??? Anyway, at that price, it's still a HUGE saving. I'm surprised that the other 3 haven't been snapped (sorry for the pun:naughty:) up yet?

LAWRENCE

Just read a review:-

"Bought this as opposed to the Canon product as it has a switch on the hot shoe part so you can have the extention flash or the on-camera flash working, but not both together! Must say I am immpressed with the quality.
I use this with a slave flash on remote and the set up is very versatile."

So it won't fire both guns together, but if I used one as a slave??? Anyway, at that price, it's still a HUGE saving. I'm surprised that the other 3 haven't been snapped (sorry for the pun:naughty:) up yet?

LAWRENCE

Correct, you can't fire both guns at the same time... just one or the other. I never thought about using one as a slave, good idea. That would probably work. I only use one flashgun so I have never thought about it.

1553_1605714.jpg

This shot is a classic where you should have used 2nd curtain sync. See how the headlights appear to be protruding in front of the car?

The listing on Amazon is wrong, if you look closer the seller has mixed it up with the BM-01 battery magazine for the Di466 flashgun, the price is correct for that item.....

3900566215_1c9673b525_o.jpg

The first thing I always do when getting a new camera is set the flash to 2nd curtain sync and leave it like that permanently.

I've actually come across the same thing with that seller before on Amazon, they have a lot of errors in their listings, if you get it for that price then you've won a watch (y)

I've never purchased from Amazon before (although the wife has) so I telephoned them and have sent the seller an e-mail asking them as to what they are going to send me. Probably does seem too good to be true though :|. I'll keep you informed.

LAWRENCE

I've actually come across the same thing with that seller before on Amazon, they have a lot of errors in their listings, if you get it for that price then you've won a watch (y)

Many thanks for highlighting this when you did as I've just had a reply from the seller confirming that it is an error and that I shall receive a refund. Moral of the story, if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is :(

I just got an ebay cord (3m coiled) for £12 (plus £3 p+p) and it's awesome. Good quality, it's a direct cop of the Nikon one with the locking lever, plus I can use a flash on the hotshoe still and have two more wired flashes thanks to ports on the side.

Back