Official Olympus E-PL5 thread. (other m4/3 are welcome too!) Show off your pics!

ISO 25600 14-42 w/ MCON-P01

15962411227_57f87752a5_b.jpg

Takes me back a bit, smallest house we ever had and I had a 6ft tank with catfish in!

Just received a Lumix GX1 I bought on here, not given it an outing yet, but will do on Wednesday!
Not sure yet, but may keep it and sell the E-PM1, let you know how I get on with it.
:exit:..........off to read the manual!

My first pic of the new year, my Granddaughter Scarlett, at two years old it's marvelous how quickly they master hi tec.

Olympus E-P5 & 75mm, f1.8, ISO 3200
She is definitely VERY photogenic! (and able to keep reasonably still!)
Did you use any other lighting other than the tablet?
I just love this one!

She is definitely VERY photogenic! (and able to keep reasonably still!)
Did you use any other lighting other than the tablet?
I just love this one!
Thank you, the main light was the tablet with some light coming from standard lamp in the corner of the living room lighting her hair, hence ISO 3200.:)

Thats a cracking conversion, looks much better than the colour one!

now I use the EPL5 for just fisheye and lensbaby shots I have started to see the use of the x2 in camera convertor, especially with the fisheye..

example, both SOOC no messing with.

fisheye

fisheye w/ x2 in camera
Looks ok, must give that a try!

Thought about buying the fish eye lens, but looking at your shots (Nice Photos) they tend to make my eyes and brain get a bit sea sick! Not a criticism of your photos, but now not so keen on the idea.

just my 2p worth mj...

Just secured an apparently never used epl5 and kit lens as my first tentative steps into m3/4. Looking forward to see what they can do.
Sure you will love it! Kit lens isn't bad, but the camera does much better with a prime like the Panny 14mm pancake or 45mm.

Yeah, I'll be having a little play to see how I think I'll get on with it before worrying too much about lenses I think. I'll probably be looking for something wider, maybe the 9-18mm, if I get on with it and maybe the 45mm.

Theres a few HERE with various lenses if you want a look.

Picked mine up but haven't had much of a chance to play yet. Looks pretty good from the few shots I've tried at home. Unfortunately it's looking like I won't be able to get any other lenses at the moment though due to unforeseen expenses

One thing I have noticed is the rear screen looks a bit on the red side, is there a way of changing that? Not too much of a problem as the shots/wb look fine on the computer but it could be a bit of a problem when trying to use a custom wb. Cheers

The screen view on mine is very clear and seems to replicate what I see.

Often better than the computer image. Am sure some company can change the screen, but would imagine the cost would be worth more than the camera. I bought mine off Ebay, and generally pleased with it.

But it's only a camera, many other camera's will match its quality of photo..

My only gripe is the manual focus. In particular when taking photos of moon and stars. But that may be a factor of my eye sight rather than the camera.

MJ

One thing I have noticed is the rear screen looks a bit on the red side, is there a way of changing that? Not too much of a problem as the shots/wb look fine on the computer but it could be a bit of a problem when trying to use a custom wb. Cheers

Hmm, never had that problem apart from when I have to change the WB (preset) if on the wrong choice (tungsten instead of fluorescent for instance) then the screen does look red-ish.
Changing WB fixes that, but I rarely use the rear screen since I got the EVF 3. I would strongly recommend getting one, it changes the usefulness of the camera immensely!
I cannot find how to make any adjustments to the rear screen any where in the manual!

I've mainly had it on auto wb on natural or neutral or whatever it is. It's funny as it looks fine when composing the shot, just a bit reddish in playback. As I said all fine when on the computer though so no real problem.

Not too sure I'd get a viewfinder unless one comes up very cheap. I'll probably end up going down the omd route if I find I'm getting on with the m3/4 format.

Back