Official Olympus E-PL5 thread. (other m4/3 are welcome too!) Show off your pics!

have just emailed Billingham see if they can help, they have some old pics of bags on their FB page and the 1980s ones are very in keeping with this one..

a bit of full frontal for ya :)

P7030414_zps26f4e8af.jpg

Not at all, love the effect!

Nice bag, you can deliver letters in the week, use it for the camera stuff on a saturday then go for a picnic with it on sunday. :D bonus!!

A postcamnic bag!

Hi Guys,

I was looking for advice or a favour please. I have just agreed to sell my EPL5 and packaged the camera up last night for posting tomorrow. I was completely unaware that the software disc had fallen out and my 2 year old broke it. Could someone please advise me where i could get a copy of this as it's unfair on the buyer of my camera. I never used it and didn't even know it was in the box but would love t replace it for this guy.

Regards

Scott

Have you tried customer support at Olympus Scott? I find them pretty good, If you have registered your camera with them you will have an account and that makes it easier.
If you can't get fixed up with them, give me a shout and I'll send you my disk and you can copy it for him. (then send it back of course!) :D

I bought it second hand from someone on here so i couldn't register it. I'll wait till Andrew gets back to me then if i need a copy i'll be in touch. Thanks very much. I appreciate the offer.

Hi Guys,

I was looking for advice or a favour please. I have just agreed to sell my EPL5 and packaged the camera up last night for posting tomorrow. I was completely unaware that the software disc had fallen out and my 2 year old broke it. Could someone please advise me where i could get a copy of this as it's unfair on the buyer of my camera. I never used it and didn't even know it was in the box but would love t replace it for this guy.

Regards

Scott
Did you get it sorted Scott?

Hi Wontolla, the buyer didn't require it after all. Thanks for the suggestions though folks. Helpful as ever.

Very nice....may I ask what PP has been done to the image? Her eyes look almost scarily sharp!

Very nice....may I ask what PP has been done to the image? Her eyes look almost scarily sharp!
Thank you, the only sharpening applied was at the raw conversion stage and then just the basic sharpening setting the 75mm is really sharp.
The Iris of the eyes was brightened and a little skin softening applied in Elements 12.

Many thanks.

I take it you're a happy bunny with the 75mm then?

I'm trying to hold off getting one, but my resolve is weakening!

well I am not going to bore you with holiday snap after holiday snap but I will hopefully show a great example of working with what you have and also why I rave on about the lens in question.. I have not changed perspective or distortion PP all I have done is B&W'd it..

what lens?

Oly 9mm bodycap with the x2 digital converter on the EM5...

14662378556_e082c46db6_c.jpg

well I am not going to bore you with holiday snap after holiday snap but I will hopefully show a great example of working with what you have and also why I rave on about the lens in question.. I have not changed perspective or distortion PP all I have done is B&W'd it..

what lens?

Oly 9mm bodycap with the x2 digital converter on the EM5...
Just won one on ebay for £46 in mint condition!

seller from Northants? he always has Oly gear quite cheap.. wont be long before you realize they are a bargain at £80 let alone £50 odd
Yeh, thats the guy. Bid for the one gefore this, but it went for almost 70 quid, did me a favour by outbiding me! Bet he's kicking himself now!

2 of my fave lenses of all time are the Pentax 50-135 2.8 and the Olympus 25mm 4/3rds 2.8 which I now have again via a £20 3rd party electronic adapter which I am happy to report is working bang on, AF speed, exposure, aperture etc all working fast and as it should.. I will pick up a MMF3 at some point when the prices drop but until then more than happy..

pic taken with EPL5 w/ Lensbaby tilt transformer pointed left w/ 5.6 ap ring, no PP jpg sooc
14561604560_c05e24636f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just won one on ebay for £46 in mint condition!
seller from Northants? he always has Oly gear quite cheap.. wont be long before you realize they are a bargain at £80 let alone £50 odd
Which ebay seller is it? I'm in Northants so just being nosey! :)
Well, it was waiting for me when I got back from IOW. Quick delivery and all as should be, so recommend the seller.
Had a few minutes with the lens on and all working correctly, but need to suss out how to use it correctly.
Will report back soon with pics!

I recently picked up a epl5 after missing my ep3. It was just going to tide me over but it so nice to use. We got it in white as that's the only way the wife would let me buy it and I put a dark brown leather footprint strap on it. After coming back to a m4/3 camera after using Fuji for a while, I'd forgotten how quick they focus. I think a 45mm is needed again(I did have a 20mm as well).

Very nice portrait!

I am thinking of getting the Sigma 60mm ART lens for my E-PL5, anyone got one that can recommend? or not!
And what about the 12-32mm Panasonic with MEGA OIS? is it any improvement on the Oly 14-42 kit lens?
Any comments would be gratefully received!

Back