Oil on water.

Name
Clive
Edit My Images
Yes
Had my first proper go at Oil on water this weekend.
I used a Pyrex dish,raised it about 3 inches above some Lego themed wrapping paper,shone strong LED lights through frosted Perspex for lighting,about 2 inches from dish and used Rapeseed Oil as it was the clearest I could find.

First shot has gone bonkers on Flickr !! but I have ever so slightly clipped a bubble and the white light top left is a bit wrong.

Oil on Water by Clive Weedon, on Flickr

But the simpleness of this shot is my personal favourite.

"Simple Circles" by Clive Weedon, on Flickr

Comments and crit welcome.
Clive.

Couple of nice shots Clive, with some great colours and good composition.(y)

George.

Thanks for taking the time Ladies and Gents :) appreciate you comments.

Clive.

Cool! Must give that a go. :D

Really neat Clive
clear.png

Hi there...they are really very nice ...I've tried marbling ink but not oil ....you've made me really want to have a try....very well done with those :clap:

Go for it....I realised after a while the best method was to swirl the oil around and then wait very patiently until it all stopped swirling around in the dish,then find your favourite clusters and shoot away,when I was just dropping the oil in the dish and getting ready for the shot,I found the oil just kept merging into one big blob !!
Good luck (y) and hope we can see your results.
Clive.

These are very nice, i like the soft lighting and lack of reflections. I think on the first I would clone out the drop touching the right of frame, and maybe crop a little of the right to make it more central.

Back