Old Roman remains.

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I have been out today to look at a Roman aquaduct, this was built in the middle of the 1st century ,tbh I`m surprised its still standing.
This is in the South of France (commune of Frejus)
I think its great what those romans did almost 2000 years ago. This aquaduct ran for 42km above as well as through some thick rock.

View attachment 9411

A little B&W i hope to show a bit of detail.
View attachment 9412

View attachment 9413
This last photo shows where the water used to run along the aquaduct, its a shame that one of the walls has disapeared
View attachment 9414

Thanks for looking and C&C if you will.

That is more impressive than the one in the Dordogne. Good interesting set Graham and I like your mono selections.

Geoff

Gee thank you kind sir (y)
Ps, never been to Dordogne but i plan to get there one day.

These old structures always fascinate me..................... from a time when they were built to last!!

Both colour and b&w do justice .....from a composition pov, even though it doesn't show the viaduct in all its splendor, I'm drawn to the last pic but I'm a sucker for shots using dof to blur sections of the frame.

Thanks asha, as its possible to see, there is a dark hole at the far end in the last photo, its where the channel went/goes into the hillside.

Thanks asha, as its possible to see, there is a dark hole at the far end in the last photo, its where the channel went/goes into the hillside.

You didn't fancy exploring in there then or was the thought a bit :nailbiting: nailbiting :D

Back