Olympus OM-D E-M10

Was going to sell the EM10 which I only purchased of Twist the other day as I can't get used to the menus. Spent more time with it and it's a great camera. Took it out with me yesterday although the GM1 got used more but here's one from yesterday.

[IMGOlympus omd em10 by -Andy D photography-][/IMG]

Was going to sell the EM10 which I only purchased of Twist the other day as I can't get used to the menus. Spent more time with it and it's a great camera. Took it out with me yesterday although the GM1 got used more but here's one from yesterday.

[IMGOlympus omd em10 by -Andy D photography-][/IMG]

I think youve made a good decision keeping it, once you learn your way around the camera better theres no need to even use the menus, one of the benefits of having so many manual controls. Once the light starts getting lower you will be glad to have a camera with IBIS.

I think youve made a good decision keeping it, once you learn your way around the camera better theres no need to even use the menus, one of the benefits of having so many manual controls. Once the light starts getting lower you will be glad to have a camera with IBIS.

Going to get rid of the 25mm though as it's too wide so thinking of 14,20 already have the 45,12-32 and 40-150

Going to get rid of the 25mm though as it's too wide so thinking of 14,20 already have the 45,12-32 and 40-150

The 20 is very good but a little slow, try get the MK1. Its supposedly a bit sharper and cheaper than the MK2. Ill keep an eye out for you.

I think your doing right sticking with it, there wonderful cameras. yep the menu is cak but get it set right and its not an issue. I loved being able to wonder about in 30 deg heat carrying the equivalent of a fast 24mm, a standard 28-80 and a 80 to 300mm plus filters etc. and not break a sweat. with my full frame kit I would of been running home! (well walking slowly sweating like a sweaty thing:D )

The 20 is very good but a little slow, try get the MK1. Its supposedly a bit sharper and cheaper than the MK2. Ill keep an eye out for you.

I've had both and personally I see no difference at all. Maybe any differences are down to sample variation?

Also, I've never found either 20mm slow for real world shooting but as I mostly use manual lenses anyway that's maybe no surprise.

I've had both and personally I see no difference at all. Maybe any differences are down to sample variation?

Also, I've never found either 20mm slow for real world shooting but as I mostly use manual lenses anyway that's maybe no surprise.

Perhaps & probably. Ill add a little slow compared to Oly MSC lenses, which are very fast.

Last edited:
PS. One advantage of the new 20mm is it has a shiny front and you can line yourself and the light of your life up quite well when taking selfies :D

Can I use filters, cap and hood at the same time on my E-M10?
I was wondering if it's possible, cause I'm going to buy some filters and noticed that some are thick, double threaded and some slim ones.

Can I use filters, cap and hood at the same time on my E-M10?
I was wondering if it's possible, cause I'm going to buy some filters and noticed that some are thick, double threaded and some slim ones.
you can with the 12mm cant comment on other lens/hood combos as its the only lens hood i have

you can with the 12mm cant comment on other lens/hood combos as its the only lens hood i have
Col, thanks, good to know. I'll see if it works with 17mm tomorrow.

I'm sooo close to pushing the button on one of these. I thought I'd made my mind up on the Fuji x-e1 but now this has become the front runner. Trouble is I can't/couldn't find anywhere that sold them locally for me to have a play with (there's Currys but not sure how much they'd let you play around/go outside for test shots etc). Also would need to sell my Fuji x20 and Sigma 150-500mm for my Nikon (a lens I've never been overly happy with but it'll leave me at 200mm for my longest lens) to fund it. I think my wife's had enough of the out loud debate I'm having with myself :)

Bloomin 'eck!

Exactly, there used to be a Jessops and a LCE within 3 miles of me but they both closed down. I do have Mifsuds (a real aladins cave of photography equipment) 5 miles away but unfortunately they don't sell Olympus, although apparently they might be soon.

Back