Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Anyone else got experience of Olympus warranty?

Got my camera from HDEW but the serial number was accepted just now on Olympus UK product registration page and apparently I now have a UK warranty.

Either;

• their website does not know what country the serial number originates from and this would be checked/picked up in the event of trying to make a warranty claim in the UK.
  • they honour cameras in the UK for warranty work that have originated from overseas

GRIPPED at last :confused: not been wanting to spend a small fortune on a grip I finally bagged one £66.95 delivered, couple of scuffs on the rubber not too bad at all more than happy, I like it its like holding a smaller version of my fave camera of all time, the 1dsmkII..

nice and comfy to hold, solid feel.

14841479784_423f4fbee7_c.jpg

Guys how can I force flash on E-M10? Even when I open it, on P, it doesn't always shoots.

Is it possible to select a focus point on the touch screen while looking through the EVF?

I don't think they both stay on at the same time on my E-M5...slightly confused how you'd see where you're clicking though?
For reference, the touch shutter using the back screen is pretty fast to just choose focus and shoot - but I'm aware screen-shooting is anodyne to many...

Well - its done - after months of wondering how mirrors fair vs dslrs, soon I'll know - I just picked up a Olympus E-M10 in the classifieds.

Any tips or heads up I should be aware of (other than the IQ and AF won't touch the 5D3 - thankfully I know that bit already :))

I don't think they both stay on at the same time on my E-M5...slightly confused how you'd see where you're clicking though?
For reference, the touch shutter using the back screen is pretty fast to just choose focus and shoot - but I'm aware screen-shooting is anodyne to many...
I've also got a G6 and it has this function on it. You put the camera to your eye and with your right thumb you can drag the focus point around by touching it on the touch screen with the camera still at your eye. It is really handy.

Quick question about WYSIWYG...

One thing I really like when using manual lenses on my Panasonic MFT and Sony A7 is that I see the effect of stopping down the aperture in the VF. When I use AF lenses on my A7 I see the same thing but when I use AF lenses on my G1 and GX7 I loose the DoF effect and can only get it by selecting shutter effect and that disappears and has to be reengaged again as I shoot.

So, do Olympus MFT work as per Panasonic MFT and only give DOF preview in shutter effect (or whatever Oly call it) mode?

It may sound a small point but I've come to value this feature so much with manual lenses (and AF with the A7) that losing it really annoys me when I use my Panasonic cameras with AF lenses.

Hey all, I know this is a great place to ask questions but is there any great resources r forums out there that are geared toward just the OM-D or micro 43rds?

Lol, not a chance but its nice to read up without having to dig around first.

I'll popover there and see what's happening, with any luck they'll have a newbie numpty section just for me ☺

Whilst this is a great place - mu-43 forum is just mirrorless, is much busier and is easier to navigate as it is a whole forum split into sections rather than just one thread with hundreds of posts.

Hey all, I know this is a great place to ask questions but is there any great resources r forums out there that are geared toward just the OM-D or micro 43rds?
I see you are in the UK John so you might like this forum I belong to as well as this and mu-43.

http://e-group.uk.net/

Cheers - I would have never found that one - signed up now (although thats the most annoying random question ever during registration!)

I'm away from my camera at the mo, but as best as I can tell from my two days of ownership if you can see it on the main viewer (except the mega menu) you can see it on the viewfinder, something I found very pleasing.

Yep, I can't remember how many but there are loads. I'll check YouTube for you and see what I can find.

81 points and at 40 seconds in you can see the grid.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Compact System Camera with 14-…:

I'm sure they are. Hang on I'll get out of bed and check ☺

Yes it does, you use the d pad as you would on a DSLR

No probs

Yep, 81 points at the smallest focus point size....you can increase the focus area (naturally decreasing the number of focus points available).

Whats better is if you look at the grid its all across the area, not just the centre areas like on standard DSLRs

Back