Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

^ Looks very sharp.

Just bought the 45mm 1.8 and the 75mm 1.8 lenses - both in black and both on special at SRS :)

I haven't watched it yet though as I haven't actually ordered my E-M1 (I'm waiting for Photokina just to check if anything interesting is announced, unlikely I know).

Allegedly a Silver E-M1 and a GM-1 with built in EVF - but just rumors ;)

Allegedly a Silver E-M1 and a GM-1 with built in EVF - but just rumors ;)

Hope there are a few lenses as well from Olympus, and not just the Silver E-M1!! Not that I can afford anything else mind you!!
Hope you're enjoying your new kit Alan!

Looks like you're making good use of it Alan! As usual some lovely images from you!
I'm using my E-M5 again at the moment, as my E-M1 is on it's way to Portugal for repair :(
I'm hoping it will be back by the end of next week with this "Service Plus" that Olympus offer.
If it's not one thing then it's another!

Thanks Marcia - what's up with the E-M1 ?

Long story short, the only way to get the rear LCD to work is to remove the battery! But when you next press the shutter, it's gone again! Very annoying to say the least!
Just keep your fingers crossed that it's a quick turn round!!

I'm looking for a flash to go with my EM-5 and looking at the
Nissin i40
Olympus FL36R
Olympus FL300

Really liking the look of the Nissin i40 but very new and can't find many reviews yet?

I don't currently own an OMD but use a Lumix G3 and G5 for travel and street photography. I attended a recent Olympus Open Day at London Camera Exchange Chester Branch and had the opportunity to shoot for a couple of hours with the EM10 and a variety of Olympus lenses. Nice camera, loved the 17mm F1.8 and 45mm lenses and tried to explore the camera's limits for stabilisation, ISO etc. I noticed a couple of issues, the camera grip got quite warm after shooting 105 single shot images in 2 hours and the camera level indicator didn't seem very accurate. Are these issues common on this model or was it a reflection of a hard used demonstrator?

This was a shot from the day.
View attachment 19388

Hi All
Has anyone tried these bodies for fast moving sports and underwater photography using the Olympus housings.
Regards
Richard

Hi I've got a Olympus EM-5 with the 12-40 Pro so both are weather sealed but i do a lot of Photography from my Kayak and try my best to keep the camera dry and clean but was wondering if there is a spray or cleaner i could use to wipe everything down after use?

thanks in advance.

A few from the Wings and Wheels show at Dunsfold Aerodrome a couple of weeks ago.
All taken with the E-M1 and 75-300.

RAF Chinook display team from nearby Odiham, quite a display!

'The Gnats' display team displaying the superb little Folland Gnat of course. I particularly like the one painted in the Yellow Jacks livery.

Twin Lancasters from The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight & Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, a very rare sight.

The classic Hunter trainer

Spitfire MKIXB & Mustang P-51D

Last but not least XH558 and the Gnats Display team in formation

They're great Huw. Certainly dispels any concerns about focusing on fast moving things

Last edited:
Back