Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Last edited:
Any advice on which om battery to get for the OM-D E1 please? :)

I've always found the Expros to be pretty reliable. You'll need their own charger as far as I know but you can buy a bat/charger kit for very little. They do a white version of their battery now which is a bit of a step up from their standard one. I've bought mine from ebay as well as Amazon and had no problems. I don't think they last quite as long as the oem version (although I haven't looked into it in any depth) but they're about a quarter of the price.

Cheers

Mark

I've always found the Expros to be pretty reliable. You'll need their own charger as far as I know but you can buy a bat/charger kit for very little. They do a white version of their battery now which is a bit of a step up from their standard one. I've bought mine from ebay as well as Amazon and had no problems. I don't think they last quite as long as the oem version (although I haven't looked into it in any depth) but they're about a quarter of the price.

Cheers

Mark
I purchased three of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FNJW04M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage they perform very well and charge without a problem in the oem charger.
However at the moment it seems that they are out of stock at Amazon.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, brought a couple of the ones that Alf suggested mainly because I could get them for Xmas, really should have ordered them a month ago.
When the Amazon ones get back in stock reckon I will pick up an extra one of those as well.

Damn, sorry a little late - these are the ones I got (link) - very cheap (£13.87 for two), not as good as the Olympus original but they work fine except they have a bad habit of working for most of the day then going from full to dead in about five shots

does the e-m10 have a silent shutter mode ?

Tell me about it - selling the 5D3, considering a E-M1 (in addition to the E-M10!)... bah... will it next stop?

I've still got an xf1...you wanna buy it ? ( I know you can be easily persuaded )

I really need a zoom. Sense says 40-150 as its a £100 bargain.

Nonsense says 12-40 f2.8 then 75-300 as I've wanted extra length since I was a boy ( opens door for childish humour....)

Well if you do het the 12-40 then make sure you get the grip.

Btw I had the 75-300 but I didn't like the results, sharp enough but flat feeling. I may try out the 100-300 by Panasonic though as the images on Flickr tend to look better to me.

The 12-40 heavy then John ?

Will have a look at both on flickr, the 100-300 May be too long at the short end for me

Last edited:
The 12-40 heavy then John ?

Will have a look at both on flickr, the 100-300 May be too long at the short end for me
Definitely the heaviest, shortly followed by the 75mm

I've loved my little package since i knew what it was! :D

It is so small, like x20 small!

The 25mm f1.8 is one sweet lens. The focus is quick and the hood makes you look cooler than you do with the 45... ;)

The 25mm comes in a bigger box than the 45 and has a bigger front element.

Yes, as far as I know you don;t get a hood unless its on the pro (read expensive) models.

Back