OMG! I need this! (probably)

I know it's nit picking but I really hate the naming schemes they come up with, 5d! 5d2! 5d3! 5dr! 5ds studio maxi pad!

noise would show up massivly at pixel level in a 50mp camera

When the first 50mp cameras are in users hands I expect there'll be a lot of discussion of image quality at 100%+ on screen. Maybe after an initial look people would be better off thinking about what image size they want and viewing accordingly. There will no doubt be people who "need" 50mp to be able to take a picture of a bird in flight 400m away with a 20mm lens and crop and print so that the bird fills the frame of an A3 print.

Popcorn and coke at the ready?

D800 with 36mp already a processing nightmare. Yes, 50mp will be useful for some photographers, but for most I think this is just getting silly :rolleyes:

D800 with 36mp already a processing nightmare. Yes, 50mp will be useful for some photographers, but for most I think this is just bragging rights :rolleyes:

Fixed your post :D

Only kidding :D I'm sure that some people really do need 50mp.

D800 with 36mp already a processing nightmare. Yes, 50mp will be useful for some photographers, but for most I think this is just getting silly :rolleyes:

Silly? - with 50MP who cares?

I've already got the hots for this but since I shoot JPEGs and then convert to TIFFs for processing may need a new machine to cope since TIFFs from 50MP will probably be around 300-500 MB!

I suspect even JPEGs from this camera will cause a lot of problems with lower specced PCs and RAW could be almost impossible to edit.

How did LR and PS cope with the D800 files ?

Last edited:
I find the arguments about processing a little ridiculous. People have been using high megapixel medium format for years and shooting tethered into MacBooks or iMacs with no difficulty whatsoever! If. You're in the market for this type of thing or working professionally a decent computer goes without saying, and remember more is more people lol.

I find the arguments about processing a little ridiculous. People have been using high megapixel medium format for years and shooting tethered into MacBooks or iMacs with no difficulty whatsoever! If. You're in the market for this type of thing or working professionally a decent computer goes without saying, and remember more is more people lol.

Of course it's not a ridiculous argument. It's a practicality that needs to be considered and no it doesn't go without saying and not everyone has a high end pc/mac or even a decent processing package.

Mentioning processing issue and file size might be stating the obvious but these things do need to be considered and Canon DSLR's are I assume sometimes bought by people who may not necessarily have thought it all through.

Know anyone who's spent a lot of money on kit when they didn't fully understand the consequences?

Yes of course, and I am guilty of doing just that! However this is a pro level camera and a hobbyist would probably be foolish to even consider purchasing this camera but it's not aimed at them is it?

However this is a pro level camera and a hobbyist would probably be foolish to even consider purchasing this camera but it's not aimed at them is it?

Of course it is. Think of any 'pro level camera' and there will be more hobbyist owners than professionals.

Steve.

Back