One for the cockneys may be

Hi Dominic

Not sure how you lite and put it together but it works a treat.

A perfect title too.

Mind you I assume you had the title first "motivation" for the image.

Gaz

Hi Dominic

Not sure how you lite and put it together but it works a treat.

A perfect title too.

Mind you I assume you had the title first "motivation" for the image.

Gaz
Thank you

The background is a black mount board. The white is a white mount board, cut to look like some stairs.
I laid the two boards on the floor and then placed the apples and pears, I held them in place with some plasticine.
Lighting was a 85x85 softbox (with a speedlight) nearly directly above. I didn't really want any shadows to fall on the white, because that would show that the apples and pears are actually sitting proud of the steps (if you see what I mean).
I also had to do a bit of work in Photoshop to make the background black and the white a bit whiter.

Last edited:
Works really really well Dominic. Love to see images that are clearly pre-thought-out and work really well. Great idea, well visualised. For me (on dark TP mode) the background could be a bit blacker.

Any "wish-I'd-done" thoughts? Reason for B&W?

<- Not a cockney.

Thank you

Works really really well Dominic. Love to see images that are clearly pre-thought-out and work really well. Great idea, well visualised. For me (on dark TP mode) the background could be a bit blacker.

Any "wish-I'd-done" thoughts? Reason for B&W?

<- Not a cockney.

Thanks
There is a reason for the black background not to be black black. In my mind it it was too much of a contrast with the white. Even though I'd said I'd darkened the black in Photoshop, it was more to do with having an even black across the board.
Colour fruit didn't really work with the rest of the set up. :)

Well this Cockney likes it very much, well done Dominic

Or maybe I should say "bleedin ansome"

That is creative, I think it could benefit with a border?

Back