One from Bewdley, river severn I believe

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
14683580422_019c5aa1f8_b.jpg

I know the scaffolding spoils it, but I could not really get further forward and cropping it out does spoil the image, cutting out the swan in the middle-left of the image, so I thought I'd just leave it in.

Hand held, taken a couple of days ago so the sun was beating down. Very very hot these last couple of days. The river is very low too. You can see a couple of fishermen, right at the far side of the image in the distance, on the right, just on the bend :)

If only they had put up a green mesh on the scaffold it wouldn't have been so eye-catching, but there we are. A lovely summery scene here Carl and it just makes you want to be there enjoying it! There looks to be a bird in the big cloud, and it might help to just clone it out.

If only they had put up a green mesh on the scaffold it wouldn't have been so eye-catching, but there we are. A lovely summery scene here Carl and it just makes you want to be there enjoying it! There looks to be a bird in the big cloud, and it might help to just clone it out.
good spotting peter - never saw that :) Will do, thanks for the advise!

Bewdley is a very photogenic town,have you fried it in mono so the blue mesh is less obvious
I havent done a mono, but will try it now, good idea to get rid of that yucky blue! :) Will have to do a re-visit without the family so I can take my time, thanks for the comment and tip for mono!

Can't see how a right side crop is going to spoil the image. It gets rid of the van as well as the scaffolding. Nice town Bewdley.

Will do that as well, havent got much else going on today with the rain, so will do a crop, mono and full non-cropped in mono - minus the birdie :) - just checked the full image, its not a bird, its a plane! :) will get rid

Last edited:
Spotted a dust spot in the middle top as well, they tend to pop out a bit more on a mono, so fixed that too. Here's 4 B&W versions from my 4 presets in PS (I use different one's depending on what looks the most effective when doing B&Ws)

The crop was a great idea, I thought it would have spoiled it, but nope, think its definitely an improvement without much loss of the image.

14503539857_faec3026b6_b.jpg

14687597194_d52f978926_b.jpg

14686807681_f2cd85ff01_b.jpg

14709862703_39d12d47bf_b.jpg

I think #2 is the best one of the B&W, bit more pop and not too dark or too light?

Thanks everyone, its good to get feedback

Back