One from the boxing

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Did my first shoot of a boxing event on my own on Sunday which i actually quite enjoyed. I shadowed someone a few weeks back and hated every minute of it, but this time i was on my own so could do things a little differently and implement my own style a little more.

Not exactly the best shot ever, but i just liked the expression on the 'reds' face knowing what was coming. :)

Let me know how i did, i have broad shoulders so if you hate it, then tell me. :confused:

The Main Event
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Cheers.
David.

I really like it - conveys the mood, the power and the ferocity of what's about to happen just right I think.

Dont know anything about boxing, but I really like the way you have captured this moment :)
I also like the way you have processed it so very well done!

Thanks everyone. I've been pulled up by the event organiser that they're all pretty similar (from the same spot) which is fair comment so next time I aim to move around a little more and probably get up on the ring at times as and when I can.

Carl, it's your style of processing that I have used to process these as I felt it gave them an edge and made them stand out a little so thankyou very much. :)

I took 629 pics on the night and passed on 176 so yes I have a few more. :LOL: will post a couple up tonight. One is currently in explore on Flickr. :)

Cheers.

The ref is always in the way. I've been leaning into the ring so far that the ref back-footed the lens and camera into my face. I nearly got in the ring to sort him out ! lol

Good tip dave is keep both eyes open ;) you can see all the action (most of it) so can pre-empt the buggers getting in the way, plus stops you getting a funny eye (mine sweats after holding it so long to the face).

Hope you got some good pics of the "ring-girls" ? :p

14602247377_2999ce9c36_h.jpg

Cheers. I need to work on my timing too i think and try and get a bit more of the action but tbh, that wasn't the brief so i'm not too sure. They're promoting the social side of the events and the fact that they're raising money for cancer research rather than smashing each others faces in. :LOL:

Back