One from today...the only one!

Edit My Images
No
I just haven't been getting the run of light lately. I've been out a lot and that's what matters but it would be nice to gather some images too!

I went for a wander today over Snowdon via Moel Cynghorion and at Bwlch Cwm Brwynog I came upon this unusual view of the far West buttress of Clogwyn Du'r Arddu towering above in splendid fashion.
I really wanted to capture the scene but there were three elements that I thought needed to coalesce to make a strong image...

The pointed peak of 'Cloggy' (which kept disappearing into cloud) along with a splash of light on the ridge and a nicely lit foreground. It was 45 minutes before it all came together and off I went into the cloud for the rest of the day!

The waiting game - Bwlch Cwm Brwynog by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

There's a real sense of foreboding in your picture which evokes feelings of fear in me. What a splendid capture of mood.

Oh I like this. It has so few elements to the composition, and yet it's a really strong image.
The foreground diagonal really makes it imo.

There's a real sense of foreboding in your picture which evokes feelings of fear in me. What a splendid capture of mood.

Cheers Noc, it was quite a moody day!

Oh I like this. It has so few elements to the composition, and yet it's a really strong image.
The foreground diagonal really makes it imo.

Viv, it was the simplicity of the composition that really caught my eye but the light was completely flat when I came upon it. I knew exactly what I wantedt so thought it was worth hanging around for!

Back