One Greedy Heron

Edit My Images
No
All the technical excuses in the world for the quality of this shot - rushed, big crop etc., - pity I did not have more time
taken today in the UK

but I think it's interesting

Anyone recognise the fish …….. it is a Pike?

fish_.jpg

fish_2.jpg

fish_3.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Pike (ie a young un). Caught plenty of these over the years myself.

I like it.... A lot! The first shot is my favourite of the three. Very natural and informative image.

Cracking image i know the feeling when technique and settings go out the window lol, thats some fish meal:LOL:

Cracking image i know the feeling when technique and settings go out the window lol, thats some fish meal:LOL:

....I think that what happens is that although you often have to rely on Lady Luck regarding your settings when capturing moments suddenly presenting themselves like that, your techniques become an integral part of you and can often be applied without too much conscious thought - They are your individual innate skills.

This is why there can be no substitute for shoot...shoot...shoot...shoot and hence practice your art. Practice makes perfect and mistakes along the way are the route to success.

Hi Bill
Nice to see all the same talk about a glutton though. Keep up the good work
Regards
Richard

Thanks all

what is really interesting is that there is only 4 seconds - yes only 4 seconds between the first and the second shots

Back