one of my F1 motorsport shots

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok this was taken a couple of months back at the 2008 F1 Testing in Valencia. I have increased the movement through photoshop but think its worked quite effective...

Good and bad comments welcome please...

f1.jpg

Its a great image, its raw, its aggressive, it has impact !!

Well done !!

Definately... really like this shot, I like the selective colouring as well, very cool!

Thanks guys...

Just for reference this is the original image taken

pic_1623.jpg

Brief description of how I did it...

First of adjust the levels to enhance the colours
then merge on a new layer
duplicate that layer and desaturate it
then use the eraser tool and delete the car out the top layer
once this is done use motion blur in the direction of the road
again get the eraser tool and just check around the car for no blurred bits
and thats about it.

Really nice photoshop editing there, taking a very (to be honest) boring and uninspiring shot and making it really stand out!

yeah i wanted to put sum movement into it as it isnt the best image straight off the camera.

I see your a local guy to me as im only in Burton..

I do like it alot, only problem I have with the picture is the lines on the road, any racing fan would know that he missed the apex by miles or it had been messed with somehow - although having said that it looks like its NOT in its natural environment, which is a good thing !

its actualy taken in the pit lane from bove the garages in the VIP suites... hence the white line

Really nice photoshop editing there, taking a very (to be honest) boring and uninspiring shot and making it really stand out!

I agree, a superb piece of pp work resulting in a really powerful image

Thanks for all the comments peeps, it has to be one of my favorite images to be fair.

Nice work with the PP.

Shows that a little time spent on Photoshop afterwards can really transform a picture from zero to hero.

Back