Opinions on this edit - Nissan 200SX S13

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm fiddling around with photoshop to try new styles and trying to learn some new techniques so that hopefully I will develop my own style.

I would really appreciate any comments on this shot. The original photo is fairly old and I know its not the best location or composition but its the best I have to fiddle with the editing I had in mind.

Thanks in advance.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4816749810_94f6fc91e9_b.jpg

Staff Edit : Image changed to clickable link. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules. Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Here's the orginal

DSC_7641.jpg

I'm more than happy to share the original full size photo so if anyone wants to show me whats possible then here is the full size original FULL SIZE HERE

Thank you (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving aside the photo issues (comp/ location) the biggest thing for me is the lack of definition in the wheels now. Then there's the colour of the car, followed by increase in saturation on the red pipe.

Every time someone posts an S13 shot I end up browsing AutoTrader :LOL:

Why not try a dark setting and getting some spotlights on the car to pick it out of a dark area?

Agreed on the definition on the wheels but overall, I think it's a nicely balanced shot. Unusual colour on the car - quite a soft, feminine colour - clashes with the harsh surroundings and the very male red of the downpipe.

You need to sort that lens distortion though - the brickwork is like a piece of spaghetti!! :)

Sorry I think the background wall and drainpipes look dreadful, does nothing for the shot i.m.h.o.

I had a bit of a play with the original over lunch. I tried to focus on the pearlescence of the paint and soften the light a bit against the hard background. Dodged out the wheels a bit, and got rid of the air con unit on the wall ( very quickly!) just to take the eye to the car rather than the wall. Anyway, just a different idea.....

DSC_7641-11.jpg

I actually quite like your first effort, it's a massive improvement over the original ... maybe look at tidying up the background a little?

I needed 5 minutes away from some very boring IT revision, so just had a tinker around in Lightroom .... just an alternative take:

dsc7641o.jpg

Cheers,

Paul.

Last edited:
Hi Darren

Well I guess it’s all about taste and with a car such as this I think the vista is pointless, as it’s the car and the car alone that most people will be interested in.:)
So with this in mind and as the background in this case doesn’t really do anything for the car I would remove it.
I also think the headlights spoil the line of the car and I personally would have photographed it with the lights down, so I’ve removed them.

Anyways ...see what you think to my effort

NISSAN1.jpg

Last edited:
I like that but it would look better IMO without the reflections still in the window ;)

I like that but it would look better IMO without the reflections still in the window ;)

It’s a 15 minute make over fella – pay me an hourly rate and I’ll improve various aspects of the picture.

How about you down load the original and show us a few ideas?
:)

It’s a 15 minute make over fella – pay me an hourly rate and I’ll improve various aspects of the picture.

How about you down load the original and show us a few ideas?
:)

Jesus christ someone can't take constructive criticism...sorry i don't find it PERFECT!

Thanks for all the replies and edits on this guys. It's greatly appreciated.

I'll take them on board for future (y)

You're welcome. Certainly from my point of view, if anything it proves that in photography as in any other form of art, everyone has a different style and opinion! If you like what you do, then it's right...

Back