Opinions on Warehouse Express please

Edit My Images
Yes
I've done a quick search on this forum and found comments about how their stock control is a little poor but i wondered how they fair with delivery/dealing with repairs under warranty/after sales.

I'm about to buy a new body and lens and WE have the best prices i can find but i've never ordered from them before.

TYIA :)

I've dealt with them in the past for some quite high value items and they've were fine, good delivery and excelent service. Lately however they don't seem to update the stock position on the website as fast as they should do, so if you see something noted as low stock it could well be out of stock.

I sympathise in a way, I guess they're as pushed as anyone else with the recent price increases from the manufacturers and they're keeping their stock levels down as a consequence.

So I guess the answer is that they're a decent, reputable firm, but do make sure that the item you want IS in stock before you order.

Thanks Bill. The items i'm ordering are currently showing as 'in stock' as opposed to 'low stock' so fingers crossed :)

In that case you should be fine. They've been around for quite a while and they're not rip-off merchants.

I have bought from their eBay store before and the after sale service was fantastic (dodgy 40D 2 months after purchase). I emailed them about the problem and the day after I had a courier picking up the camera and delivering a replacement at the same time. Fantastic service.

I have bought from their eBay store before and the after sale service was fantastic (dodgy 40D 2 months after purchase). I emailed them about the problem and the day after I had a courier picking up the camera and delivering a replacement at the same time. Fantastic service.

Just out of interest, what is the name of the Warehouse Express Ebay store ?

I bought my D90 from them about 6 months ago, had to send them proof of delivery address as I was having it sent to my office so it added a day onto delivery but when it arrived they had sent me a lowepro bag and memory card free of charge :)

Just bought a tripod from them - 1st class service BUT best to phone to make sure items are in stock as the stock showing on the website is not always as up to date as it should be - they know this!

I have bought all my recent stuff from them. I can't comment on delivery as I go to Norwich on business occasionally and always buy it directly from their showroom. It is quite a large building and worth a visit, so not a 'fly by night operation'!

They have always been very helpful and given good advice. (I wish they had advised me to buy my last lens in December before the Nikon price rise... sigh!)

I am given to understand that if you order at that price and it goes on to 'backorder' you will still get it at that price when new stock comes in...

Good luck...
Nigel.

I have dealt with them a few time's and only once had a problem with them.

I ordered something that was shown low on stock, next day i got an email saying that it was not in stock and would be shipped as soon as it arrived, I waited a month for this said item and never came so i cancelled that order.

but ever since have been spot on

Use them often now, agree about poor info re stock levels on site, but otherwise, good people to deal with. Living in France I generally have to phone to confirm order and have always been met with good, polite, friendly and knowledgeable responses and when they say, "we'll call you back" they always do. Their site is much more than just a sales site too, have lots of info and resources and their own forum, good people and I'm not even getting paid to say that, but may invoice them now!!!!

Just purchased my new pixma 9000 pro from them that was delivered to me on friday mrning after ordering at 5.55pm on thursday evening (shut off for next day orders is 6pm)

Ordered over the phone, very helpful staff, from ordering to my doorstep in less than 24hours and to be fair delivery charge of £4.99 for such a heavy item was a bargain too!

Highly recomended but as said i normally give em a call to make sure stock is in.

They are fine, fast delivery indeed. sometimes items out of stock but they won't charge until they have it back in stock and post to you.

So far so good with them. But I guess it depends what you are ordering - keeping stock of popular stuff is an issue. What ever you do DONT try ComputerWebStore - a total nightmare - say things are in stock - you order and then they are not in stock - but they charge your credit card straight away and then take months to deliver... Best avoided...

Rog

I ordered a bag from them just after Christmas, arrvied quickly and had no problems at all, (y)

I'm mixed about them to be honest, I've had a good experince with them and a not so good.

Can't fault them for service but do shop around 1st because I wanted a item recently and found same item at Amazon for £75 cheaper and arrived in a couple of days.
WE are great to deal with though and you shouldn't have any problems.
Cheers

Brian

Have used them a few times with no complaints. Had a lens die on me and sent it back to them and it was all dealt with without any issues. It's not a problem with stock control so much as an issue with there website stock status not always being up to date. If the item shows as in stock then it will be in stock, but if it shows as low stock then in all likelyhood it will e out of stock so I would suggest phoning them to check. They are very friendly and helpful to talk to.

I have used them quite a few times, never been disappointed.

I bought my Skyports though them and needed a way of connecting them to my 400D - the person I was speaking to did not know which adaptors I needed but tried to find out, when he got it wrong they were very quick to re-try and send out the correct pieces.

I like being able to speak to them before I order something to discuss my requirements, if they have no one available at the time they will get someone to ring you back which is unusual for online shopping

I have used Warehouse Express since 2003.

They are IMO going downhill in their customer service. My first order with them was a 17-40 F4L and it was not in stock. I recieved a phonecall on the day I ordered informing me that they had run out of stock and then I got updates until I recieved my lens. Same with my first Sigma 120-300 I bought 3 years ago - they has a stock issue and I was notified as soon as they were aware.

Last year I ordered a Sigma 30mm F1.4 which was showing in stock. My first indication that they were not in stock was when they failed to deliver. Popped an email off to them using the contact form and the reply was both sparse, took a while and offered no apology.

I find they are still very good to deal with over the phone, but their email communications are sub standard and I no longer get the feeling that they value my custom. Which is why where possible I will now avoid giving them my custom unless I would make a significant saving.

I started shopping with WE earlier this year when I ordered four Canon EF lenses. All were out of stock at the time, as they were at several other suppliers, because Canon had/has royally screwed up the supply chain into this country and others such as the USA. I found communications by phone and the live chat to be excellent and, once stock finally arrived, they phoned to check that I still wanted the goods and to confirm they would despatch for delivery the following day if that was OK with me. The best bit was that, unlike another less honourable supplier I've had recent dealings with, WE supplied at the original prices before everything shot through the roof. So far I cannot fault their service and I will very happily continue to use them whenever the price is right.

Thanks for taking the time to reply everybody. I actually found a better deal elsewhere in the end so still haven't needed to order from them.
All useful info though :)

I think there are definitely some cheaper deals out there but I still think WE is good. It is a very reliable website and I have bought nearly all my gear from there. I agree that of late they are often low on stock which is annoying. but given the current economic climate and the fact that they have recently move to a new address, I think that they are still one of the best.

Had a few bits off them. I always ring my order through, but that's because they're friendly and normally we end up having a chin wag as well :LOL:

I still rate WE. Bought 70-200 F4, 10-22 and a 40d from them without any problems, all with next day delivery. Their prices were there or there abouts. However with the increased prices this year, I believe that they have let their stocks run much lower, with the expectation that less people are willing to buy equipment while the prices are still high. They still carry reasonable stock of the more popular equipment such as P&S cameras.

Last edited:
Back