Orange Dahlietta

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Orange%20Dahlietta.jpg

50mm lens with DCR-250 attached. F22, 1/45" handheld, no flash, manual, partial metering.

Lovely composition & subject, thos water droplets really finish it off. I am left a little uninspired by the light, though - seems a touch harsh? Perhaps waiting till evening or early morning would produce better results (this is the bit where you tell me this was shot in the evening :LOL:)
This also seems like an ace candidate for some B&W ery - would bring out the water droplets some, although you obviously lose the lovely orangey reds ;) Quick example here - just whistle to have it removed!

LOL it looks like a cauliflower now!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

very pretty, I do love the row of water drops sort of falling out of the petal above....cauliflower indeed...pass the cheese!

Perhaps you prefer this...........although I feel its a shame not to include nature's wonderful colours.

Orange%20DahliettaBW.jpg

You've lost the great contrast between bud & petal there - but I see what you mean about my cauliflower version :D
It's your shot, though - just because I say it may work in B&W doesn't mean that it does, nor that you should use it.

Nope, the colour gets my vote.... oozes quality. :)

I did think of putting something like that but it was looking to get HIGHLY mis-construed :LOL:

I get into far too much trouble on this 'net thingy as it is!

Back