Orchids

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought an SB-800 and Ray Flash ring adapter off a friend yesterday so thought I'd have a play last night with some orchids that are putting on a nice display in the kitchen currently.

Orchids by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

Orchids by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

Any thoughts?

That's a really nice one. My son grows them. Did you have to "wire" them to get them to display properly?

Thanks Dougie. No, they've a small cane to hold up the main stems, but that's it.

I like the second one. You can perhaps make it a tiny bit better by using slightly different angle to hide the flowers at the back and leave the three front orchids in a row. Can also try B&W - white phaleanopsis look great in B&W. I did similar shot to this some time ago in B&W and imho they look good.

Thanks Dougie. No, they've a small cane to hold up the main stems, but that's it.

I just wondered, because when I last tried photographing one I couldn't get the flowers to sit nicely in the frame. I ended up with all sorts of canes holding them in place but out of shot.:LOL: So well done you, very nice images(y)

I just wondered, because when I last tried photographing one I couldn't get the flowers to sit nicely in the frame. I ended up with all sorts of canes holding them in place but out of shot.:LOL: So well done you, very nice images(y)

What about tilting the camera instead?(y)

they look nice - how about get some water drops in them as well? get a sprayer and spray a fine mist.

Back