Oulton Park Gold Cup 2014 (Sunday)

Name
Az
Edit My Images
No
The weekend was a bit of a road trip for me... Oulton Park on Sunday for the Gold Cup, then over to Cadwell Park for the BSB, then back home in the evening. Just under 600 miles :ROFLMAO:

I thought I'd share a couple of shots as it's not somewhere I can visit regularly and I was playing with a new (to me) lens. I do enjoy the circuit every time I go there though, lot's of variety, good viewing for spectators and challenging for the drivers!

Shot with a 70D and 300 2.8 or 1D2N and 24-70 F4.

#1 Classic "OP" shot
Gold_Cup_Oulton_Park_240814_AE_018.jpg

#2 Blue skies!!
Gold_Cup_Oulton_Park_240814_AE_085.jpg

#3 Pannage
Gold_Cup_Oulton_Park_240814_AE_100.jpg

#4 Committed!!
Gold_Cup_Oulton_Park_240814_AE_164.jpg

Few more shots can be viewed in my gallery here if you're interested - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/alb...lides/Gold_Cup_Oulton_Park_240814_AE_018.html

cheers
Az
:exit:

Great set of photos :)

I was there on Sunday too, my first outing with my camera since moving over from Belfast 3 weeks ago. I got my positioning wrong, didn't always have the sun where I wanted it to be. Will fire up a few photos later.

Cheers

Colin

Love number two Az. Did you notice much difference between your sigma (sport version?) and the canon prime?

Everything is so wrong with 4 but I really love the way you caught it!

Love number two Az. Did you notice much difference between your sigma (sport version?) and the canon prime?
cheers! I don't have the latest sport version but the one before (with IS). You know there wasn't actually much difference at all. I would say the Canon was more consistent wide open at 2.8 but at F4 and beyond very very similar in terms of AF speed, sharpness and quality. Sigma has flexibility to zoom and react etc - which when covering motorsport can be handy! The Canon does takes my x1.4 TC (II) better - the AF speed is not as affected - in my opinion.

Back