Critique Out of my comfort zone!

I don't really understand this shot. The lines work well but the high key (sky) is throwing the balance off in my opinion. Now granted I really don't know much about how to use high key, so my opinion could be very far off base. I'm just using my general knowledge. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I don't want to hijack your thread but I always want to learn.

Do you have anymore shots from this David? Just so we can "pick a favourite" - it sort of works for me but I think maybe some other angles i.e. standing closer to the wall or right next to the wall shooting alongside it, kneeling down closer to the ground etc.. may be more interesting than this particular shot. TBH - the more I look at it, the more I do find it interesting. Just some other shots as well would give us a better idea of the surrounding area and whether you took advantage of the "best spot" :)

well for me the angle is not right , you may as well shot it 50/50 across the the plane .i understand where you are coming from and kudos to you but i think you need to be a little higher from the RHS to make it effective, so as for high key, not working I'm afraid the split is too much 50/50 again between sky and foreground, Look i don't know much about these things only my humble opinion . i think you need to create a stronger lead line in, and some more contrast to the sky to appeal the foreground or the other way round .....there again What do i know I'm just a novice ........... Cheers

Back