Outside my CZ.

Edit My Images
No
Mainly on the hoof photos of buildings etc, i usually do wildlife so this is not my comfort zone. Opinions welcome, it may help me develop.
1 Newcastle city center, reflected buildings.
IMG_2933_1.jpg

2 Tyne River God, Newcastle Civic Centre.

IMG_2932_1.jpg

3 Tyne Bridge and Newcastle city,from the Sage Gateshead.
DSCN0027.jpg

4 Angel of the North
IMG_1725_1.jpg

# 1 is ruined by the fence in my opinion. Don't know what to think about #2?. #3 I like a lot and in my opinion is the best of the bunch. #4 is also good and has been taken from an angle that I have not seen done before although maybe you could loose the tree branches on the left?

# 1 is ruined by the fence in my opinion.

Paul, I'm pretty sure that its a reflection shot, not a fence ;)

Cuddy, some feedback from me:
#1 - I like the idea and also the result, apart from the shop front on show. I would consider cropping that out and levelling the shot as it feels like it is leaning to the left a little
#2 - Not really doing anything for me I'm afraid. The subject seems nice and sharp, perhaps a different composition or angle of view would work better?
#3 - Again, I like what you are trying here, but the lines of the Sage are taking to much away from the Tyne Bridge (main subject of the shot) in my opinion. This may have worked better with more window and less Sage in the shot.
#4 - Pick of the bunch for me :). Different from the normal Angel shots and the two people add perspective to it in terms of scale. Suits the black and white treatment.

Thanks guys, i appreciate your input.
1 is buildings reflected in the windows of Eldon Square, the lower part are shops seen through the glass, do understand the thought on cropping these out.

2 Im dissapointed with this as it does not convey the physicality of the statue.

3 This was taken before the Sage was opened, and i worked on the building so i snuck in a compact and took a few photos, its probably too personal to appeal to others.

4 Despite being near i had never visited the Angel, on arrival the lens i had would not allow the shot i wanted, could have done with a 10-20mm. So i took a few shots trying to find angles that gave me some chance of the full statue. I like the people in this as it gave scale, and i understand why the leaves could pull the eye a bit. I do like them myself as it gives something natural, against the manmade, and if i was clever i would have gave them selective colour as they were a nice Autumnal colour.

Again thanks, its nice to see how others view my work, i do have variations on all these, being in a rut on my wildlife photos i need to expand my interests to kickstart my photography again.

Back