Oxo Center (london)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

This is a single shot taken behind the Oxo Tower London, processed in LR with no added plug-ins. I know it looks like an HDR but its not, its how i saw the scene at the time.

any (y) ?

Oxo center (london) by DJH-Photoz, on Flickr

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
Very nicely exposed but I find my eyes scattering across the image looking for something to concentrate on.

Hi Joe

Thanks for the FB, I know what you mean but sometimes its the little details that you can focus on or look for and not a single point, to me this photo is a scene.

But again thanks for posting you thoughts on it .(y)

just a little crop up to the tree bins and you have a more interesting shot with nowhere for the eye to take rest...meaning we concentrate on everything
i like the inner city feel to it..i worked in great dover street and walked to waterloo most times after work...so this area is in my memory
cheers
geof

Got to say I really really like it, the exposure is spot on, it would be tempting to up the clarity and vibrancy just a small amount to give it a little bit of pop, but the composition is really strong..the lines of the paving and the balcony lead you down the avenue and into the scene, allowing your eyes to roam round the scene..

I think for me the only thing really missing is the human element, it would be nice to have a couple of people maybe sat down in the cafe area, though I'm guessing it was actually closed :bang: or some hustled blurs of passing pedestrians...

Matt

just a little crop up to the tree bins and you have a more interesting shot with nowhere for the eye to take rest...meaning we concentrate on everything

Hi Geoff, thanks for your FB and please feel free to edit if you have the time.

Matt the cafe was closed at the time, thinking i will return during the day and see what its like then, glad to like it with a bit more PP think i'll print it

Again thanks all for the FB
Dave

Geoff, you are right about the crop, i printed this in A3 (without crop) and it looks like it has to much path, i cropped the image like you suggested and wow what a difference

Luckily i print at home so not to much waste, I found its quite strange how different they look on screen to actual print.

Thanks for the advice
Dave

Hi Geoff, thanks for your FB and please feel free to edit if you have the time.

Matt the cafe was closed at the time, thinking i will return during the day and see what its like then, glad to like it with a bit more PP think i'll print it

Again thanks all for the FB
Dave

oxo by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

what i meant...
good material here
cheres
geoff

Hi Geoff
Yep like it, I did almost the same just showed a little more path in my edit .Its now hanging in my hallway :).

Thanks for you advice and time (y)
Dave

Back