weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingamabob for 2024 : WEEK 18 : Straight

Super shots, enhanced effectively by processing. Possible to see a before and after?And how you did it? I wouldn't know where to start.

Super shots, enhanced effectively by processing. Possible to see a before and after?And how you did it? I wouldn't know where to start.

Ta :)

In Lightroom I use the FAWS method (F*** about with sliders) Typically I hit the B&W button, up with Dehaze, a bit of Clarity then bring back detail with the Shadows slider. Tweak to taste :)

Cracking shots,. Haven't been too Highgate for a long time - its a fascinating place and the stories behind some of the mausoleums are really interesting. Love the heavy processing - it really suits the mood of the place. It has an infrared feel about it.

Love the processing on these Dave, perfect subjects for mono. I do wonder if it would be possible for a slightly lower/ closer perspective on the first shot to keep the church spires out of sight?
Agree on the processing, really caught my attention. Personally I liked the spires, added rather than distracted.

I think that it's the reflection in the photo that does it for me! It's just as sharp as the main image, nice work!
Took me a while to realise you're (I think) talking about 'empty' from two weeks ago.

Ta :)

Week 18 : Straight

Straight rails straight train. East Lancs Railway "Day out with Thomas" today.

i-Nsqh3hX-XL.jpg

Great colourful shot, nice to see the station so busy with lots of happy kids. Guess there is another engine at the other end to help Thomas

Great colourful shot, nice to see the station so busy with lots of happy kids. Guess there is another engine at the other end to help Thomas

Thanks - yes a lovely Class 37

i-rLCSPvR-XL.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: nog
Nice shots. I have a thing about trains, mainly because I spend quite a lot of time on them. It's where I catch up with commenting in fact!!
Thanks Bob :)

Back