weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingamabob for 2024 : WEEK 22 : Critters

Week 20 : Arches

34046 'Braunton' crosses the Kent Estuary on Arnside Viaduct this evening with "The Lakelander.'

Yeah yeah I know they're not strictly arches - but I'm having it :D

i-mvtNF4j-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely light, trains, water, dogs and people for perspective what more do you need(y)
Arches?;)

Lovely light, trains, water, dogs and people for perspective what more do you need(y)
Arches?;)

Ta muchly :)

Well - there is techinally the 'Flat Arch' in architectural design. Close enough :D

Reactions: nog
I looked at the definition of Arches in definitive source known as Wikipedia before heading out, plainly it should have referred to flat arches too….. Great picture too

I looked at the definition of Arches in definitive source known as Wikipedia before heading out, plainly it should have referred to flat arches too….. Great picture too

Cheers Alan :D

I don't blame you for going for it anyway... gorgeous light and really nice composition.

Week 21 : Weather

Lovely long evening sunlight on Morecambe Winter Gardens with a brooding sky approaching from the North this evening.

i-9Z3J92k-X3.jpg

Lovely shot Dave - very nicely composed (y)
Thanks Simon. I was out with just the 105mm on my Nikon Zf so this is an iPhone shot :)

I lived a whole year (9 months) in Morecambe as a 2nd yr student at Lancaster. Can't remember it looking so charming. That was back in 81/82 I think. There was the famous pier at that time.

I lived a whole year (9 months) in Morecambe as a 2nd yr student at Lancaster. Can't remember it looking so charming. That was back in 81/82 I think. There was the famous pier at that time.
My Wife did the same about that time.

Great light in the arches shot, give it a lovely golden hue. The weather shot has a good comp and that sky looks ready to drop buckets on you any minute.

Great light in the arches shot, give it a lovely golden hue. The weather shot has a good comp and that sky looks ready to drop buckets on you any minute.
Ta - and it did about 10min later!

A good set up & you can definitely see that it's about to pour down as Ryan mentioned! Very apt for the theme

Arches - "they're not strictly arches" is a marvellous understatement but that's a lovely photo with nice warm light, made better by all the people with their arms in the taking-a-photo position.
Weather - what a great sky!

A good set up & you can definitely see that it's about to pour down as Ryan mentioned! Very apt for the theme
Cheers Megan :)

Arches - "they're not strictly arches" is a marvellous understatement but that's a lovely photo with nice warm light, made better by all the people with their arms in the taking-a-photo position.
Weather - what a great sky!

Ta :)

Well - it aPIERS there is a 'Flat Arch' that shape in me owd Architectural design book. Just need to imagine the bricks going across the tops :) I wanted one of the Settle/Carlise Railway viaducts but the buggers decided to run one down the coast instead. I have plenty of Viaduct and steam shots in my back catalogue - but taking a shot in the correct week is more my style even if the old horn of shoe is dusted off :banana:

Loving the Arches shoe horn (I may have something in the same vein to come).
Weather is great. Doesn't the Winter Garden building have the look of a Victorian Terminus.

Cheers Tim :)

It does a little :)

Week 22 : Critters

A couple of afternoons out searching for critters at Leighton moss and Meathop moss.

A selection for you...

1. Broad bodied chaser
i-dKtRbDf-XL.jpg

2. Common lizzard
i-33CdKpQ-XL.jpg

3. Speckled wood
i-pLHqqxT-XL.jpg

4. Common blue damselfly
i-HTPLM3X-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Back