B&W Oyster Catcher on Oyster bed

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
[GALLERY=]
1-1-16.jpg
[/GALLERY]

That's a beauty. Where is it taken? It doesn't look like a Eurasian oystercatcher as the eye is a different colour (unless eye colour can vary but I've never seen one with that colour eye myself).

Agree that's a very nice pose and with good detail on the eye and feathers ... personally I would adjust the highlights on the shells as the brightness is losing detail and I would clone out the little wispy plant just in front ... only my suggestion and happy to delete the quick edit if you prefer :)

1-1-16.jpg

Lovely shot David

just try adding a little more contrast (and maybe clarity), which would slightly darken the bg ...... just a thought

That's a beauty. Where is it taken? It doesn't look like a Eurasian oystercatcher as the eye is a different colour (unless eye colour can vary but I've never seen one with that colour eye myself).

Checking 'American Oystercatcher' shows a bird with a more yellow/orange eye :)

Thanks for all the encouraging replies, I tend to use photo as shot and leave everything in shot as taken, just a little sharpen and exposure adjustment, (guess I haven't learnt to do much more is the real truth) delighted to have advice and editing as you atr never to old to learn !!
Those who mentioned it are correct, taken in South Carolina where Oyster beds are common and very tasty !!. just spent two months there where wildlife and light are fantastic will process and add more as I get sorted out
Doc

That's a lovely shot, the darker foreground works better, beautiful detail!

Back