Paintballing

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
No
Hey all, took this shot about 2 months ago at a paintballing arena doing a shoot for the Belfast Giants (ice hockey team). Probably the most fun I've ever had with a camera. I got into the camo gear, helmet and all the lark and got my camera (no gun :() and went in with them, ended up getting shot at because I looked the same as they did :LOL:

Of all the pictures, this is one of my favourites. This dude and I were camped up against some sandbags, shooting away and some guys started firing at both of us. I lay down, and he put his hand on the sandbag to push away, but got shot in the thumb :LOL: As it burst I think it went in his goggles too, and he hadn't a clue what was happening.

Theres a couple of things I don't like about it though, I had to shoot at 18mm to get to f/3.5 on my lens, shutter speed around 1/60 AND flash just to get a decent exposure, which kind of sucked. And I was cleaning sand out of my arse for days. But hey.

imgp5490smalljm5.jpg

Dont think I'd want to take my kit in there. :D

This sums it up :LOL:

My camera held up pretty well against the sand, theres nothing inside the body (or nothing visible or audible anyway) and the lens is grand too, it had a good bit of sand on the body of the lens, but i used a cheap UV filter to keep the sand off the glass itself.

Back