Painted Hall, Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich

That is one stunning hall there and captured beautifully.(y)

These are nice images Jeff I like them very much, and you've captured them very well.(y)

It's lovely to see this place again as this hall brings back a lot of memories for me. I have been there many times with The Royal Marines and have dined in that hall on a number of occasions. I don't know if it's a fact or just a rumour, but one man is supposed to have painted that place taking him some 32 years I seem to recall, and apparently never got paid. And if you look at your first shot about one third up on the right you can see a hand just in the picture. I don't know how true it is but it is said that this hand was painted in the picture and is supposed to be the hand of the artist and represents a hand being held out waiting for payment.

George.

These are nice images Jeff I like them very much, and you've captured them very well.(y)

It's lovely to see this place again as this hall brings back a lot of memories for me. I have been there many times with The Royal Marines and have dined in that hall on a number of occasions. I don't know if it's a fact or just a rumour, but one man is supposed to have painted that place taking him some 32 years I seem to recall, and apparently never got paid. And if you look at your first shot about one third up on the right you can see a hand just in the picture. I don't know how true it is but it is said that this hand was painted in the picture and is supposed to be the hand of the artist and represents a hand being held out waiting for payment.

George.

George, glad to have brought back some memories :)

Back