Panamoz and Canon UK good customer service

Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with Panamoz, I bought my R5 from them 2 and half years ago
I have had to send it back to Canon for repair they were very quick with their responses , they suggested sending it to canon uk for repair and they would pay it
I had a quote from Canon for the repair forwarded it to Panamoz yesterday afternoon and had payment from them this morning
no wonder that they have a good reputation
I don’t want to go into the ins and outs of grey imports just wanted to give people the heads up on a company with great customer service

Last edited:
Had a very similar experience about a year or so ago. The E.V.F on one of the A7III's we had at the time failed. Checked where we had bought it from and it was Panamoz Camera was 2 years and 10 months old and didn't really expect them to resolve. Sent them an email after getting a quote for repair and they sent a payment about an hour later to cover the full cost of the repair which was about £475.00.

You just don't get service like that in the U.K.

Had a very similar experience about a year or so ago. The E.V.F on one of the A7III's we had at the time failed. Checked where we had bought it from and it was Panamoz Camera was 2 years and 10 months old and didn't really expect them to resolve. Sent them an email after getting a quote for repair and they sent a payment about an hour later to cover the full cost of the repair which was about £475.00.

You just don't get service like that in the U.K.
yes exactly and if I had bought from somewhere else I wouldn’t have got a 3 year warranty, It’s when something goes wrong that you really find out how good the company is

Good to hear.
I have bought a lot of kit from them over the years.
Had a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 that developed a focusing fault - repair started and paid for in record time by Panamoz.

Have to agree purchased a Canon R7 from them which after a few months developed a fault I asked them for a replacement rather than a repair as the camera was nearly new No problem new camera was dispatched before I had returned the faulty one cannot fault customer service like that !!

recieved camera back from Canon this morning, quick service with good comms , they replaced main board and serviced / calibrated camera, they did repair in 3 days it actually took longer for the banks to process the payment than it took Canon to sort it out but that’s not Canons fault

Reactions: TG.
This in a really useful thread - Thanks to all contributors.

Yes, of course it is a potential gear-splurge that has lead me to rekindle a very long dormant forum membership! I've been debating over the 100-500 RF for a good while now - pretty much since I upgraded the 7D2 to an R7 last year - and a quick scoot around at prices today lead me to Panamoz. I bought my R7 from another of the Grey import co's, but was less impressed with their service this time than I had been when using them previously (think, the box being left in full view on my very publicly accessible doorstep and them being entirely unconcerned about this!) so was looking for an alternative - Panamoz are new to me though hence looking around for a reliable source of information about them.

My purchasing finger has now developed a possibly quite insatiable itch...

Oh boy, this thread is keeping me up at night. Mrs Pete has indicated that if I give up all my pocket money for the next two years I could have the RF100-500mm at the grey import price!

The big issue is whether my needs / dubious level of ability really justify it. The main trouble being the desire to just for once in my life own a pro-grade lens . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh I definitely don't "need" mine - but for what I do most of photographically (aviation, some wildlife) that extra 100mm of reach is going to make a suitably big difference. Anyway - with the grey import price compared to the "normal" mainstream price, there is such a huge saving, it's almost like you are actually saving money rather than spending it, no?! :LOL:

(And yes, you may take it from the above that since my earlier post on the thread, I found myself entirely unable to overcome that itching purchasing finger....the new lens should be delivered tomorrow if the tracking is to be believed...)

Last edited:
Oh I definitely don't "need" mine - but for what I do most of photographically (aviation, some wildlife) that extra 100mm of reach is going to make a suitably big difference. Anyway - with the grey import price compared to the "normal" mainstream price, there is such a huge saving, it's almost like you are actually saving money rather than spending it, no?! :LOL:

(And yes, you may take it from the above that since my earlier post on the thread, I found myself entirely unable to overcome that itching purchasing finger....the new lens should be delivered tomorrow if the tracking is to be believed...)
My wife is always telling me how much she has saved whenever she buys new clothes. Its always the saving and not the cost, so I am adopting her methods and look forward to saving a fortune on a Z8…..Im sure she will be suitably impressed.

In a further update - Lens ordered from Panamoz last Thursday afternoon. Lens delivered 10am this morning. OK - definitely helps that we aren't *that* far from Stansted, but still, I'm incredibly impressed with this service.

In a further update - Lens ordered from Panamoz last Thursday afternoon. Lens delivered 10am this morning. OK - definitely helps that we aren't *that* far from Stansted, but still, I'm incredibly impressed with this service.
Hi, as I previously posted I ordered on a Sunday and it arrived on Thursday in Carlisle via Edinburgh airport. :clap:

Back