Panamoz Bacs??

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

Yesterday morning i completed the Bacs contact form on the Panazmoz site to order a Fuji X-T1, 14mm and 18-55 but that was over 24 hours a go and haven't heard a thing from them. I don't know what to do now? Should i forget it and go buy from Digital Rev or hang on a little longer for a response. Never used them before so a little confused how the system works. I would have expected at the very least an acknowledgement email to state they'd received my order.

The other alternative is forget the X-T1 and go to Jessops to pick up the Fuji XE2 +18-55 instead. I've read the XE2 is pretty much up to speed with X-T1 now anyway.

Wait till Monday morn. Office probably not staffed @ w/end

Wait till Monday morn. Office probably not staffed @ w/end

Really? Seems odd for a shop. I've actually completed the form twice now. I did it again last night just incase there had been a glitch. Really is frustrating.

They are importers, do they actually have a `shop` in the UK?

Yeah I've bought a few things in the past from them and weekend contact was a little slow or non existent but other than that it was all fine for me :) You'll probably get replies tomorrow if you don't get anything today.

Apparently so, I've read a few times they have an office somewhere down south. Bacs payments are made to a UK account too.

Did you send them an email FIRST ? or just complete a BAC's payment..

I think they have 2 people who deal with customers - Tina (in Brighton) & Janice who may be in HK.

Did you send them an email FIRST ? or just complete a BAC's payment..

I think they have 2 people who deal with customers - Tina (in Brighton) & Janice who may be in HK.

No didn't send an email before as it didn't say to do so. I just clicked the bacs link which is under every product and filled in the form stating product title and web address.

Just emailed them using the 'contact us' form so will see if I get a response. Have to say it doesn't really install much confidence given it's perceived risks.

You are dealing with a cut-price supplier in Hong Kong with the weekend and time zones intervening but expecting High Street retail response ... it isn't going to happen - there are many satisfied customers who have used BACS with Panamoz but if you are concerned that you are not getting instant service there are plenty of other places to spend your money :)

So you have filled out the form:

snip
simply fill out the form below and we will reply via email confirming the products that you wish to order.
snip

& they haven't yet replied...

That's normal for them - I think (not quite sure) that the form go's to the UK rep & they then contact HK who then check if they have it is stock / have it etc. They will then SEND YOU a email.
Don't forget that HK is 7 hrs in front of us, so even if they were open on a Saturday then chances are they were shut. I'd suspect that you will either get a reply on Monday or Tuesday (if my suspicions are correct).

I've never had an instant response from them - not expected it.

Apparently so, I've read a few times they have an office somewhere down south. Bacs payments are made to a UK account too.

There is no UK shop, you are dealing with an individual in Hong Kong. You will more than likely get a response in the early hours of tomorrow morning (they are 7 hours ahead and will probably reply around 9am Hong Kong time).

I bought my 6d from them via BT. You won't have any problems, just be patient.

As stated you will probably get a message from them in the early hours UK time (ie when they open for business again on Monday morning HK time)

What's the usual delivery time you guys experienced?

Also did the packages get snagged by customs and refunds issued later or did they come right to the door?

I'm looking to order a respectable value of stuff and like a lot if people it would seem I'm a wee bit jumpy!

if you are concerned that you are not getting instant service there are plenty of other places to spend your money :)

No need to be snotty mate, just havent used them before so only normal to be concerned!

Thanks for all the other reassurance much appreciated. I'll just hang on for their reply.

No need to be snotty mate, just havent used them before so only normal to be concerned!

Thanks for all the other reassurance much appreciated. I'll just hang on for their reply.

Actually the :) indicates that I wasn't being "snotty" as you call it, rather offering advice ... which of course you are free to throw back :)

Our UK Office Address:
Panamoz Electronics
3rd Floor, Queensbury House, 106 Queens Road,
Brighton, BN1 3XF
United Kingdom
01273257115 (UK Time: Mon-Sat, 8AM – 5PM)
From their website

According to google thats a virtual office / accomodation address used by multiple companies

Our UK Office Address:
Panamoz Electronics
3rd Floor, Queensbury House, 106 Queens Road,
Brighton, BN1 3XF
United Kingdom
01273257115 (UK Time: Mon-Sat, 8AM – 5PM)
From their website

That's a Regus "rent an office" and Mail forwarding address.

https://b.regus.co.uk/locations/meeting-room/brighton-city-centre

qn5js6.jpg

What's the usual delivery time you guys experienced?

Also did the packages get snagged by customs and refunds issued later or did they come right to the door?

I'm looking to order a respectable value of stuff and like a lot if people it would seem I'm a wee bit jumpy!

I paid on Sunday and received it on Wednesday. Took 3 working days in total. This was after I had the BACS details and invoice - I had these about 2 weeks previous to this as new what I wanted but was just waiting for a couple of items to sell

Here's the way my mind works -

If they're that slow when you're trying to give them money, how slow will they be when you're waiting for them to respond to a problem?

There usually weekdays when you get responses from them ive found, give it till about 10am Monday and it'll be likely they will have contacted you by then

Just got a reply and invoice, says to make bank transfer to Kei Wah Yeung, that correct?

Cheers guys :)

How do they actually work?

Are they smuggling the stuff to UK and then ship it from there or they just misdeclare the customs value and ship from HK?

Are they smuggling the stuff to UK and then ship it from there or they just misdeclare the customs value and ship from HK?

Your second guess is correct. Smuggled with a false deceleration from HK.

the mods really hate it when we discuss this, so lets not - there's a sticky thread on grey imports etc that should have the full sp on how it works

Just got a reply and invoice, says to make bank transfer to Kei Wah Yeung, that correct?

Cheers guys :)

If it is , that would seriously worry me - its bad enough to be paying by bank transfer to a foreign country, but to pay by bank transfer to an account inan entirely separate name :eek: each to his own but not for me - if I buy from these guys (and generally if I want to buy grey I use Hdew) i'll definitely be using a credit card, discount or not

If it is , that would seriously worry me - its bad enough to be paying by bank transfer to a foreign country, but to pay by bank transfer to an account inan entirely separate name :eek: each to his own but not for me - if I buy from these guys (and generally if I want to buy grey I use Hdew) i'll definitely be using a credit card, discount or not

It's the right payee.

You will likely get a tracking number tomorrow, and. Isn't even be dispatched tomorrow.

It might arrive on Friday, but I'd expect that you will definitely have it by next Monday

Panamoz are out at week ends they answer there weekend emails on Monday mornings. It's a bit lie Digital Rev there seems to be a delay in getting replies to emails but the replies do eventually come.:)

Just checked UPS and package has left Castle Donnington and scheduled for delivery today!!!

Delivered :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

But... have to wait until i'm home from work to see the goods.

Back