Panasonic GX7 wifi tether with Lightroom?

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
I have used the wifi on the GX7 to get pics to my android phone, but just wondering if anyone has linked it to lightroom to automatically send images when taken?

Not that i have looked into this much but is there a simple way to transfer images over wi-fi from The GX7 directly to mac or PC without lightroom?

Why not set your phone up to automatically send the pictures it gets from the GX7 to your PC? There are quite a few sync apps out there. You could set it up so that the GX7 first transfers to your phone, and then your phone syncs the folder with your PC whenever they're both on.

How would I do that? I have tried getting the wifi to connect to my PC, but no luck. it connects to my android phone no probs, how to I sysnc a folder off my phone with a PC?

Do you have a wireless router? Most apps need the two to be on the same network.

Ok, so connect your android to your wireless router (which I presume your PC is also connected to by either wireless or LAN cable, doesn't matter which) then use a sync app like Folder Sync by JRT studio. I've not used that specific app but it should be just a case of setting up a local folder on your Android and a destination folder on your PC (probably needs some kind of service app to be installed on your PC end too... you'll have to look at the app's documentation).

hmm, but to get the wifi link between phone and GX7 I have to disconnect from my home wifi and set up a new signal between the phone and camera. Will have a look at the apps though.. thanks..

You do not need the Android device in the loop at all to do this.

Firstly, download the advancved operating manual: https://dlc.panasonic-europe-servic...PDF&lang=en&src=3&uilang=en-GB&model=DMCGX7EB then follow the instructions under "When sending images o a PC". Use the shared folders method (i.e. When not using PHOTOfunSTUDIO) and then have Lightroom monitor that folder for images dropped in there.

Win 7 and networks is easy - assuming your router is setup correctly. Note I think your camera will need to be in the same workgroup as your PC to work too.

Back