Panasonic Lumix LX7 Thread

The sharpness of this bad boy...

1655939_10153870664200305_423905011_n.jpg

1621660_10153870664140305_1427384464_n.jpg

Hi guys . Anyone on here had a Canon S95 to compare with the LX7. I have an S95 at the moment and wondered if I would gain anything IQ wise by changing. I like the idea of the brighter lens and slightly larger body as I find the S95 just a little fiddly for my hands. I would need to sell the S95 to help fund the LX7 but if there is no great gain IQ wise I probably would just keep the S95. Ideally I would probably go for an RX100 but its way out of budget so the LX7 would be next in line. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys . Anyone on here had a Canon S95 to compare with the LX7. I have an S95 at the moment and wondered if I would gain anything IQ wise by changing. I like the idea of the brighter lens and slightly larger body as I find the S95 just a little fiddly for my hands. I would need to sell the S95 to help fund the LX7 but if there is no great gain IQ wise I probably would just keep the S95. Ideally I would probably go for an RX100 but its way out of budget so the LX7 would be next in line. Thanks in advance.

I'd search Flickr for both cameras and see what results are returned. Sort the results by "interesting". That will give you an idea of what's possible with each of the cameras.

Hi Ricardodaforce thanks for the reply. I didn't know there were different types of searches on Flickr I just thought you had to trawl through all the images. I will give it a try. Thanks

Just search for "lx7" or "lumixlx7" and the other camera name and you'll see! Let us know what you conclude.

Im still really considering one of these, I now dont have a camera and this is looking to be the ideal choice for me really. I just have 2 questions!

How fun is it to use? I realise one of the things I miss about the X100 is how fun it was, the manual controls, all the dials, etc. It was fun and easy, just a few turns of the wrist and I could set up the shot without the camera even being on, none of this frantic circular thumb movement on an unresponsive wheel.

Also, high ISO is apparently a problem but is it ever needed with the f1.4 lens?

Fun... that's a subjective question.

ISO: I never go above 800 really . not because of ISO performance but because the lens allows me not to :)

It is subjective haha but do you find it fun? Do you enjoy using it or is it more it does the job?
Good to know about the ISO though, ive been considering one for so long im tempted to just get one to get it out of my system!

Got an LX7 on the way as a 'grab and go' camera for when I want to travel light. Time to learn how to get the best from it, although having owned a Panny or two in the past hopefully it won't take too long.

Some fery nice results on this thread. I'll be more han happy if I can get some images as good as these out of the little Lumix.

Back