Partridge and a Bunting

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Been back to that little place for half hour today.

Saw a couple of Red Legged Partridges, 2 pheasants, 20 reed buntings, 4 pied waggies, 3 dunnocks, 1 male stonechat, 4 skylarks, a kestrel, what I think could have been a Merlin and 4 mallards. On the short drive home I also saw some sort of Warbler in the reeds in the dyke, but it flew off just before I clicked the shutter. So another mission for another day.

Anyway a 100% crop of a Red-Legged Partridge:

2314649184_af8bf8e489_o.jpg

And my favourite shot of a female Reed Bunting so far.

2313835603_f9e647d387_o.jpg

I really need to save for that L lens, cause the softness at the top end of this Sigma is frustrating me now. I want feather detail damn it :bang:

I thought I would also include a Google Earth shot of the location today, just to show you that you can find some rather special treats in the strangest of places :LOL: I am now using Google Earth to search out other little areas near us to see what else we can find.

The red circle is where there is currently a big pile of old red piping and lots of garden clippings and what not. The line under it is where we park the car and where the Stone Chats and Reed buntings come up close and just watch you.

474842021_3ffc25c47f_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jo
xxxx

Nice Bunting Jo (y)
The partridge looks a little soft to me though :shrug: is it just me?
as for #3 thats just crap I know you can do better :D

:LOL: :LOL:

Chris the Partridge is a 100% crop and it's too soft at that end on a sigma to rescue any detail. Plus there might be a teeny bit of shake in there to because I was at a funny angle :LOL: It's more of a reference shot for me, but it's my mission to get a goodie at some point.

:LOL: :LOL:

Chris the Partridge is a 100% crop and it's too soft at that end on a sigma to rescue any detail. Plus there might be a teeny bit of shake in there to because I was at a funny angle :LOL: It's more of a reference shot for me, but it's my mission to get a goodie at some point.

Ah I see Jo, I should have read the middle text properly :bonk:
You should be OK for a decent shot or two as game season is well over, and they tend to wander about aimlessly ( looking for a mate :D) about now

Agree..3 is woefull and should be deleted hence worth.
First one looks a little like you had too much wine but 10/10 for getting the picture.
Second is pick of them.

Back