Pear

Hi Dominic

These are both lovely images. The repaired Pears are great and really suit the soft muted look you have given them.
The colour grading " if that's the term" is really pleasing too.

Topping it all for me is the choice of pear shapes and there placement to each other.

Your right to be pleased with these.

Gaz

Last edited:
really like the light and tone, and choice of pairs....
I really wish they were rusty staples.
Great stuff

So i did these for my 52 and was quite happy with how they turned out.

This i'm calling Repaired Pears

untitled-12-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Pared Pear

untitled-17.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr
I absolutely love these images, Dominic. So much so, I immediately went on Flickr to see your other treasures. The first one is my favorite of the two. It is painfully funny and both images are very well crafted. I am not sure that in the current shape this is a compete, well composed serie. The images on Flickr would not do it either, I think. The concept is brilliant though and it is well worth expanding upon.

Missed these at first - I must admit I really like these shots, particularly the first with "frankenpear" and his bride...

As an aside - I think that pears are just a delight to work with, and are potentially one of the most "characterful" of fruits...

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/when-is-a-pear-not-a-pair.373446/ for example ;)
Thank you muchly. I agree, pears have a certain look to them. They aren't a uniform shape, unlike apples, lemon etc.

really like the light and tone, and choice of pairs....
I really wish they were rusty staples.
Great stuff

Yes, rusty staples would probably work well. I wish I'd laid some loose staples around the base.

Back