Pencils

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
First attempt at any kind of abstract, let me know your thoughts.
6636959169_5ef3e2aa67_z.jpg

6636965985_aecd104340_z.jpg

6636963977_6c2d9d479e_z.jpg

6636968647_fa71abc561_z.jpg

6636971969_1d30a925b5_z.jpg

Thanks Andy

Nice shots there, as said above, the colours are good and vibrant.

Really like these, might have a go myself tomorrow on my day off. Great colours!

Like it:)

Not sure on no4- some of the wood looks a bit tatty and again in 5- might have tried to spin round so or sharpen a bit more to get cleaner looking wood eg the lilac one has a bit of 'mark' on it but maybe natural is better:shrug:

Either way an overall good feel- simple, effective, vibrant(y)

Really nice vibrant colours.
#1&3 are my favorites.
#4 is an interesting angle but doesn't quite do it for me. Maybe it would work better with a shallower dof?

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, i going to have another go and try some different setups and angles, these were all taken with the nifty fifty. Love this lens :) If you hav'nt tried this before give it ago its great fun, just make sure you have a pencil sharpener lol

Andy

You need that little extra attention to detail.
- The pencils needed to be sharp and as uniformly sharp as possible.
- The end of the pencil on the bottom row two from the right in #4 is out of place with the rest, the end looks different. The pink in the bottom left corner looks to be a little higher than the rest too.
- The pencils in #5 needed to be evenly spaced and the shot looks a little over exposed to me.

The points above are little niggles, and just my OCD.
Overall I really like the set, the colors are great and very vibrant, the mixture of compositions and the use of DOF really add to the shots. Dig out a pencil sharpener and throw the duff pencil in #4 and these are bang on for me.

I read an article once about using pencils and submersing them in lemonade.
The bubbles cling to the pencils.
I got my pencils all sharp, taped together and was just waiting for the time to shoot, but then the children found the nice sharp pencils and that was the end of that!

Hiya Andy,

Well done, these are lovely photos, the colours vibrant and nice DOF too.

I agree with what Neil (aka Mentalblock) posted and for me some minor niggles are also due to OCD .... as follows:

#1: I like the dof and colours, could perhaps do with a slight sharpen to the image, some do appear slightly over exposed (perhaps applying a gradient filter may improve this).

#2: Another great shot, however I would have placed or omitted 4th from the left as it is not uniform to the other pencils due to the mark on the base.

#3: I really like this one, makes a fantastic abstract.

#4: I like this one too, however all the pencils need to be at the same level and perhaps clone out some of the artefacts,

#5: Another good pict, but again ... attention to detail, i.e., the split in wood of the pink and lilac pencils, the few spots here and there and also light reflection.

I really like this idea and may try something similar at some point.

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks for all the comments, greatly apreiciated

Andy

#2 and #4 are the ones that catch my eye, possibly because they're a different take on this subject. Great colours.

Great set Andy, I must try something like this one day to see how close i can get
thanks for sharing
Cliff

Back