Petrol Bomber

Edit My Images
Yes
I went out yesterday to shoot a vintage fashion show that was supposed to be in town and either it was canceled or I missed it so it didn't happen :banghead: Anyway on my way back to the car I decided to take a few pics of some of the murals in the Bogside area of Derry. I have passed these things 1000s of times but I have never stopped to look at them and I was kinda taken back by the detail in them. What do yous think of this shot? Some might say its a negative image but its part of my citys history and shows how far this place has come in the last 20+ years. I personally love the texture of the brick.

The mural is called 'The Petrol Bomber' from the battle of the Bogside.

murals3 by jctcanavan, on Flickr

It's a very impressive a poignant artwork and you have made a commendable job of recording it.

I'm curious to know what a colour version would be like though and your 'logo' detracts a bit.

It's a very impressive a poignant artwork and you have made a commendable job of recording it.

I'm curious to know what a colour version would be like though and your 'logo' detracts a bit.

Thanks Cartus this is a colour version not a big difference as the mural is back and white

DSC_2926 by jctcanavan, on Flickr

not bad but a little drad even in the colour version
but if you go up to sandy row and see the mural of king billy on the wall im sure you will be more impressed
and is really colourfull

Back