Peuegot 106

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Boroboyben,

The shot looks like it could be well framed but i'm afraid that it is so under exposed it is hard to say...it looks like your camera meter has over compensated for the lights and totally ruined the rest of the shot...

What camera did you use for this? This will allow us to help you out and tell you how to stop it happening again.

Although if this is the effect you were going for i'm afraid I just dont like it...you cannot see the subject, the number plate totally overpowers the shot, and as described i feel the exposure is way out..

Sorry mate, but i'm willing to help..

I am using a digital compact its a Olympus C70 Zoom, i should be getting a DSLR that i should buying off a member on here... once i get the money gathered up!!

Thanks for replying guys,

philipfirth1983
badgerbaiter

Fair enough, thanks for your views though i need to get better at photography...

Chin up...theres loads of help on here....dslr or non dslr...

Just checked out the spec of your camera and it seems that you can adjust the setting in shutter priority or even manual mode so we have something to work with before you upgrade to dslr..

ideally we need to merge two photos here i think....one for the lights and one for the car/surroundings.....although the lights may come out ok on the longer exposures...

the colour may not come out too well on a long exposure but you'll have to play...

Yeah sadly i had to rush that photo as he was driving towards me and i was crouching on the floor so had to get up before i got pushed along the ground.
I use my mode and i have set it up for what works for me.

Although i need to get better at car photography i think i should stick to sunrise's and sunset's.

just because its not such a good shot doesnt mean it doesnt belong on the forum.
thats what its all about..
try new stuff, post it, see what advice you get and use it to help you get better.

with that shot, it looks like the camera has under exposed the shot because of the light coming from the headlights, and the reflection from the number plate (i'm assuming you used the flash)

assuming the car is standing still you could compensate by putting the camera on a tripod, turning the flash off and adjusting the shutter speed so the shutter is open for longer and letting more light in.

just because its not such a good shot doesnt mean it doesnt belong on the forum.
thats what its all about..
try new stuff, post it, see what advice you get and use it to help you get better.

with that shot, it looks like the camera has under exposed the shot because of the light coming from the headlights, and the reflection from the number plate (i'm assuming you used the flash)

assuming the car is standing still you could compensate by putting the camera on a tripod, turning the flash off and adjusting the shutter speed so the shutter is open for longer and letting more light in.

Sadly i didn't have my tripod with me, i would of bought it but didn't fancy carrying anything else to the show! If i had it i would of used it. I should be buying one in the next week or two depending whether i buy this DSLR!

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks Matt, i will have a go editing car images i will probably use a different image then the Peugeot i posted!

Back