Phone Macro Thread - Lets see how good we can all get.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came earlier after reading Bryn's post but not had chance to try with a vengeance on my IPhone 4s but I tried a fitting on my IPad Mini & it seems as if will work on there as well - so no excuses now except there are no flowers near me :)

Mine came earlier after reading Bryn's post but not had chance to try with a vengeance on my IPhone 4s but I tried a fitting on my IPad Mini & it seems as if will work on there as well - so no excuses now except there are no flowers near me :)
Yep no excuses then John ;)
View attachment 11555

This was taken on an iPhone 5. With a 99p macro lens attachment from the well known action site.
Was my first attempt with the attachment lens. But will try again
not a bad start but I am sure with practise and a little PP we can get some super macro shots with this modest kit :)

wow some excellent stuff there Bryn, phone macro is quite addictive isn't it? :LOL:

Can you get tripods for mobile phones as I doubt my hands will keep as still they're needed to be :(

Ebay is your friend John, just go search tripod for mobile phone. ;)

I was joking - I think - or was I - just getting overwhelmed by the growing number of bits & pieces - it was easier when I only had a TZ8 P&S :LOL:

Can you get tripods for mobile phones as I doubt my hands will keep as still they're needed to be :(

You sure can, and you can get software for your iphone that allows you to have self timer etc.... >>>Here

wow some excellent stuff there Bryn, phone macro is quite addictive isn't it? :LOL:

Thanks Alby... Noticed that sometimes autofocus is a pain.

That Sony looks to have a pretty decent camera Andrew ;)

Going to look at camera apps hopefully one will somehow allow you to control the focus!! or set a focus point.
I can touch screen the focus point but it is a little awkward but works fine most of the time but pure manual focus would be better. Let us know your finding Bryn ;)

Yay superlicious thread... well done Alby:banana:

Here goes a few from me, for now probably the only ones as i can't find mine iphone macro, i think i may have thrown it away after it got left laying around at the bottom of my bag with crumbs and god knows what.....:eek:

Bare in mind they are atleast 3 yrs old and taken with a 3gs i grabbed them off my almost dead instagram acc:LOL:

Untitled by Cg_girl, on Flickr

complete with such a delectablely silly WM:D

That Sony looks to have a pretty decent camera Andrew ;)
Yes it's very good, probably the best camera/phone I've ever had, the camera in normal mode takes photos at 8mpxl, but you have a choice of 2,3,8,15.5 or 20 mega pixels, all photos were in auto mode.

Your absence was noted and yes you may return to the corner!

Keep commenting T and posting your greats. You are missed when no one else wants to comment on my stuff.

Gnat 2 is great Alby. Wish I got up a little earlier today before kids to get out in golden hour.

For both dslr and phone macro :D

Wow - gnat 2 is a stonker. I'd be pleased with that from my d7000

Gnat 2 is great Alby. Wish I got up a little earlier today before kids to get out in golden hour.

For both dslr and phone macro :D
Just making a cuppa this morning and noticed this little chap on the inside of the kitchen window Bryn so it was rude not to snap him lol used the flash with battery cover diffuser.

I have some polythene sleeve that should work. Um mm not sure how much the lens covers the flash though.

Wow - gnat 2 is a stonker. I'd be pleased with that from my d7000
I missed focus on the first one but it is still early days and I'm sure once I get better light the photos should improve.

I have some polythene sleeve that should work. Um mm not sure how much the lens covers the flash though.
I will try to post up my flash diffusion efforts after work if I get time this evening but off camping this weekend so have to pack ready for early start tomorrow.

Your absence was noted and yes you may return to the corner!

Keep commenting T and posting your greats. You are missed when no one else wants to comment on my stuff.

Now then Bryn I always comment on your stuff - I think - don't I - you pay me enough to keep up the praise :p

Bryn I've found a self timer for my phone in the App Store so thanks for the suggestion (y)

Back