Phone Macro Thread - Lets see how good we can all get.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Thanks John, it appears to be 17mm ish, its difficult to measure it exactly

Yep will fit that as I have it on my iPad mini at the moment and that's as thick - if not a bit thicker (y)

A shot you took earlier or an IPhone 5s you got earlier :p

I'll post some up later with my IPhone 6s & that'll keep you quiet :LOL:

Oh yes nice 'critterless' shot :)

iPhone 6 is not out until September/October this year- are you Dr Who, do you have a time Machine & can I borrow it :D

Very nice Bryn I really like the one before the insects ... I did these with my new macro attachment...well worth the £2.99 :)

The main problem I find is keeping the phone steady enough, the second one is the center of a Clematis, the first a single White Bell.

14081640178_1205110570.jpg

14081684680_ab3f891e93.jpg

Last edited:
Very good you two, not beed out with mine but will try to do some tomorrow. Looking at another bit of phone flash DIY.

Very good you two, not beed out with mine but will try to do some tomorrow. Looking at another bit of phone flash DIY.

"Phone flash DIY" ----- the mind boggles :LOL:

Will you sell the idea to Apple :thinking:

Bryn were this last set taken with the clip on gadget :thinking:

Some super phone macros appearing here folks, not had a great deal of time lately but will try and get back on this soon. ;)

Some super phone macros appearing here folks, not had a great deal of time lately but will try and get back on this soon. ;)

I should think so -- you started this thread so are the 'Thread Leader' and should lead by example :p:p:p

Taken with IPhone4s but artificial rose - sorry but it was easy to take as it was staring at me when I was out for my morning cappuccino :clap: Oh yes notice the border :p

Sorry for boring shots but took when sitting at bench doing my usual morning coffee trip taken with IPhone4s with cheap macro gadget

A small wooden knot!!

Dropped in front of me from tree above!!

My arm but it seems to have got a few hairs in focus!!

@DayDreamer arm is a bit weird but funny but #1 and #2 from the trees are great. Plastic rose is great too bar the horrendous border @Lez325

Alby... are you sure those aphids are from your phone??? o_O

T you have even made phone macro fit into your style... excellent shot.

Ah well some shots are better than me posting no shots & don't all shout NO shots please. Talking about shots the first is of my daily Cappo & usually I get a smiley face & this was (I was told ) had eyebrows :thinking:

Well it was taken with mobile + gadget :)

Again as above :)

Couldn't find a little bug except this & it is a seriously carp shot but I did try :(

@DayDreamer

#1 nice coffee bet you are going to miss that shop.
#2 is a cracker of a shot really nicely done.
#3 composition a little lacking

what gadget was used for these or did you mean no gadget was used?

#4 the belly of a aphid looks dead to me though drown or otherwise probably too much coffee. :D

I was fiddling around with my ebay macro yesterday. We have a Venus Flytrap that is regrowing from the winter, it's still very small, the traps themselves are still only about 3-4mm in size. I spotted these tiny little creatures through the macro lens ...you can't see them with the naked eye. Not the best of pics but considering their size I thought it quite good with my cheapie lens.

14342575734_86d9535cb7_z.jpg

Those be aphids you might want to get rid of those they may hinder the plant growth.

Those be aphids you might want to get rid of those they may hinder the plant growth.

Get rid of your models - have you gone stark raving mad boy :p:p:p

Get rid of your models - have you gone stark raving mad boy :p:p:p

:) That really made me smile John.

I don't think I can bring myself to kill them Bryn, I might kill my plant in the process and we have nurtured it through the winter. I'm surprised they don't get eaten :eek:

Sorry, I forgot to say earlier those are excellent additions on here from everyone...amazing what you can achieve with your phone these days isn't it!

:) That really made me smile John.

I don't think I can bring myself to kill them Bryn, I might kill my plant in the process and we have nurtured it through the winter. I'm surprised they don't get eaten :eek:

Sorry, I forgot to say earlier those are excellent additions on here from everyone...amazing what you can achieve with your phone these days isn't it!

Susie that's what makes TP Macro great place to hang about as having a laugh is just as important as the shots :banana:

I'm amazed at some of these shots! I have an iPhone 4s, is it the case that the flash will be covered with these attachments or is there one that doesn't cover the flash?

:) thanks John.

Hi Margaret, I would imagine yours is much like my iphone 5, to use the one I bought I just had to attach a magnetic ring around the lens and the macro fitting goes on there when you want it. The only disadvantage is that I had my phone in a snap on case and I have to remove it to use the macro lens.
It cost £2.99 and to be honest I 'm amazed how good it is, I just tried it with the flash and it works fine.

:) thanks John.

Hi Margaret, I would imagine yours is much like my iphone 5, to use the one I bought I just had to attach a magnetic ring around the lens and the macro fitting goes on there when you want it. The only disadvantage is that I had my phone in a snap on case and I have to remove it to use the macro lens.
It cost £2.99 and to be honest I 'm amazed how good it is, I just tried it with the flash and it works fine.

Hi Susie

Thanks for the info, I can't believe how good some of these shots are! I have the flip type cover on my phone so I guess this would have to be removed too. I've looked on fleabay and see you can get some that clip on as opposed to the magnetic ring but these would appear to cover the flash.

I'm amazed at some of these shots! I have an iPhone 4s, is it the case that the flash will be covered with these attachments or is there one that doesn't cover the flash?

I have the 4s too and it doesn't cover the flash, the little sticky magnetic rings have a tiny cut out that fit around it... the only thing i would say is put a very tiny drop of glue on it as well because since the iphone casing changed from the old style to the glass ish backing they don't stick so well.... or mine don't but i got them separate so many it was just a dodgy set lol

This little gadget is so irresistible, I keep looking for things to try it out with. I was writing my shopping list and I saw a tiny little speck hurrying down the page ...it ended up as sort of Alice in Wonderland pic. :) The second one ...I found an interesting looking square inch of moss on a twig, this is one of the little things growing on it.

14160672147_199fc0aba4.jpg

14160539808_c296199e94_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back