Photographic Tip Number 127

Edit My Images
No
My photograph isn't a great one, but I hope you agree that it's a suitable image to accompany "Photographic Tip Number 127 - Always check for birds before pointing your camera up into a tree". This is the sort of useful advice that photography books NEVER include. Today, I didn't do this. I'm glad my 11-22 has a filter on it! I hadn't realised that in the game that birds play where points are awarded for "spotting" people and cars, a white car gets a mere 1 point, a red car gets 5 points, a pedestrian is worth 20 points, but a photographer warrants - wait for it - a massive 100 points! Lesson learned!

More about this in today's blog post at: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Tony

Tree-and-starlings.jpg

:LOL: well you have to figure that must be some sort of good luck. Go play the lottery!

:LOL: Great commentary, sorry to laugh but it is funny - atleast until it happens to me :)

Nice shot (I mean pic;))

Do you know H.R., when I was a boy, and walking with my father, this happened to me for the first time. He told me it was good luck too. I remember thinking afterwards that it would have been good luck if he'd been "spotted" instead of me!

Warspite, I've been taking photographs for 30 odd years and this is the first direct hit my camera's experienced. I hope it's the last! I'm laughing now, but wasn't then. Luckily nothing went anywhere but on the filter (and me)!

Regards, Tony

Spot the edit eh Ven?

Nice shot Tony

Should have covered your camera with a white car. :shrug:

:D

Dig the tree shot BTW

Beats dust on the sensor :LOL:

Back