Photography: Year 2!

Love the sky in Day 10! that is something else :) did you doge the foreground and part of the building? just looks a bit washed out compared the strong colours elsewhere.

:clap: for hitting double figures ;)

Love the sky in Day 10! that is something else :) did you doge the foreground and part of the building? just looks a bit washed out compared the strong colours elsewhere.

:clap: for hitting double figures ;)

Yeah I got stuck halfway between going silhouette and a proper exposure blend. Will probably re-edit at some point. And yeah, the sky was amazing for just a couple of minutes.

I got up at 7 this morning and drove halfway across Cornwall only to sit in the car for 2 hours as it bucketed down and drive home again!

Seems to have cleared a little now though, got about an hour of light left, hmmm.....

There's a shot of Holywell Bay that I've wanted to take for a long time, but the sun has never set in the right place. After yesterdays gloriously technicolour 2 minutes I thought it might just be in the right spot. It was, but sadly so were some very serious looking clouds!

Day 11: Holywell
Holywell_by_HairyToes.jpg

A few more from today can found HERE.

hate to say it but where is 12th

Hehe don't fret, the shots will come ;) Forbiddenbiker scores bonus points for keeping the faith!

Unlike JL I never promised daily uploads :LOL:

FB, the soft horizon is due to a combination of a longish exposure (20s) with lots of wavebreak, rain and general miserableness! I posted a couple of others from Day 11 over in the landscape section, have stuck a link in the Day 11 post if you're interested.

i wasnt doubting, just liking them so much i want to see more. :)

Well guys and girls, I appear to have failed already! I somehow managed to lose the card with my shots from the 12 and 13th on... don't ask me how, I have no idea! I finally gave up looking for it yesterday, I suspect it's in a rockpool in west Cornwall somewhere.

So this isn't going to be a 365 (I didn't take anything yesterday either due to sulking). However! I will continue to add to this thread, and try to have new shots to share most days.

So, as this thread begins again, I give you a new day :)

Day 14: 8:37am
8_37_by_HairyToes.jpg

And now for one from this morning... this is the second time I've made my way down to Marazion to try and catch some dawn light on the mount... there was a brief moment when it looked like the sun might light up the mount against the impending stormclouds but sadly it didn't happen. This was the best I managed, and promptly got soaked for my troubles! I'm not particularly happy with it, there are too many elements to the composition and I didn't make the best of what light there was, but you live and learn :)

Day 16: Marazion
Marazion_by_HairyToes.jpg

Can't see any images in this thread? Can see all other threads fine...

Can't see any images in this thread? Can see all other threads fine...

You at work or anything? images from deviantart might be blocked or something.

Loving day 14 Tom! My fav so far :) (y)

You at work or anything? images from deviantart might be blocked or something.

Loving day 14 Tom! My fav so far :) (y)

Cheers JL, I just wish I hadn't missed those days already!

Dakid, not sure why the pics aren't showing for you. As Jimmy said, they're all linked from my deviantart account. I've not heard of anyone else having problems but please shout if you are and I'll see about upping them elsewhere if it's not a one-off problem.

Day 14 and 16 both look fantastic I really liked day 11 as well. I think the quality of shots your taking should be drip fed once a week.:clap:

Well guys and girls, I appear to have failed already! I somehow managed to lose the card with my shots from the 12 and 13th on... don't ask me how, I have no idea! I finally gave up looking for it yesterday, I suspect it's in a rockpool in west Cornwall somewhere.

So this isn't going to be a 365 (I didn't take anything yesterday either due to sulking). However! I will continue to add to this thread, and try to have new shots to share most days.

So, as this thread begins again, I give you a new day :)

Day 14: 8:37am
8_37_by_HairyToes.jpg

That is easily one of the best photos I've ever seen.
Any clues as to how it was taken?

That is easily one of the best photos I've ever seen.
Any clues as to how it was taken?

I think you need to look at more photos :LOL:

Thanks though! It was a single exposure (4 seconds, f/11, ISO 100) without any filters. Because the sun was still hidden between the clouds on the horizon it didn't blow to badly.

In terms of PP, I made sure the blacks and whites weren't clipped on the histogram in Lightroom, then imported into PS and did two separate curves layers with masks; one for the sky/sea and one for the pebbles/wavebreak. I then used a PS action plugin called Paint with Light, which is basically a cleverer dodge/burn layer to bring out the wave some more. Then cropped, resized and sharpened.

Spent a very wet afternoon down at St Ives. Every time I dared take the camera out the bag someone upstairs opened an enormous water valve.

Spent a long time trying to decide how to process this shot, I think I like this best...

Day 17: Out of blue
Out_of_blue_by_HairyToes.jpg

These last 4 or 5 are absolutely gorgeous!!! i wish i lived in such a beautiful area :)

I really like day 17 (y) could easily see that for sale in a gallery!

Can see 'em all now .... must be blocked at work. Shame.

Awesome pictures ... really looking forward to seeing more! Especially love the beautiful light you find for the seascapes.

Sorry guys, been a bit busy getting ready to go back up to Nottingham over the last couple of days, it's a good job I've already failed the 365 or I'd be in serious trouble! :p

Anyhoo, here's another couple from St Ives to keep the thread ticking over.

St_Ia_by_HairyToes.jpg

Beams_by_HairyToes.jpg

Pity you 'mislaid' a couple of days Tom. Still, what you are posting is well worth the visit to this thread.

I love mousehole too! Only been once, but really wanna go back :) Lovely shot aswell Tom ;) (y)

Hi Tom.

As I have just posted in Jimmy's 365 blog thing ... absolutely cracking work mate. I admire your dedication to constantly seek an image for everyday.

Looking forward to seeing them progress throughour the year.

great work mate - keep it up.

Anth

You've got some great images in this thread. Amazing.

Keep it going. (y)

Yup, come on that man ... you can do it! :D

day 14 is a brilliant photo! great processing too!

but tbh most of the photos on here are pretty damn awesome. Well done and keep it up.

hey tom, great pics, keep em coming, didnt realise you were doing these and missed them until now,

Back