Photoshop Generative AI

Name
Brad
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems, a little bit, like cheating. I have used Photoshop to remove things before and even add things, but I did it myself using clone, dodge, burn etc.
Anyway, thought I would try out the generatative fill (to me) new feature and am pretty impressed with what it comes up with.

Keen to hear what others think about the feature and also if the image below looks acceptable. If not, what doesnt look right?

Cheers...

Dax 427 Shere 2023 by Brad Durdey, on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks fine to me, perhaps you could post the original image so we can compare ?

Nice car, but to my taste the AI has left the shadowws underexposedand the sky too bright

My version with editing using ON1 2024 is belowView attachment 408067 for consideration
I prefer @Flykilla 's take on processing - it looks far more natural compared to lifting the shadows to that extent.

Seems, a little bit, like cheating. I have used Photoshop to remove things before and even add things, but I did it myself using clone, dodge, burn etc.
Anyway, thought I would try out the generatative fill (to me) new feature and am pretty impressed with what it comes up with.

Keen to hear what others think about the feature and also if the image below looks acceptable. If not, what doesnt look right?

Cheers...

Dax 427 Shere 2023 by Brad Durdey, on Flickr
It's amazing what AI can do when it comes to content aware fill - I've been using it regularly for removing unwanted distractions and even generating missing portions of photos when the excitement has meant that framing hasn't been the best.

The above image is the original. I wasnt entirely happy with the framimng, I felt my car could have been "further back".

David, thanks for taking the time to make some tweaks, as this is a classic car, I prefer less is more, when it comes to the HDR effects, I only used generative fill to add some extra width, sky and remove some of the distractions. I adjusted the toning afterwards in lightroom, to try and bring the car and what was generated by AI together.

Thanks for all the feedback folks..

Last edited:
Back